26. Dinner and Hangout

Allison's P.O.V

I felt a tear start to run down my face, at the thought of Lyla leaving. I knew she would be okay. Lyla was strong, she didnt care what the world thought of her. She was just living to live, and never waisted a second. When push came to shove, she pushed back harder. She never lost sight of what was important. She was never selfish, rude, arrogant, cocky, or mean. If anything she was the exact opposite.

" Hey Ali, you alright? " Soda said walking outside, and shutting the door behind him.

" Huh, oh yeah. I'm fine. " I said turning my head to look at him.

" Are you sure? " he said standing next to me.

" Yeah, just thinking. " I said smiling at him. He must of noticed the few tears that had streamed down my face.

" What are you thinking about? " he asked resting his arm on the porch railing, then putting his head in his hand.

" Lyla. " I said still grasping the necklace in my hand.

" She'll be okay. Lyla may be a child, but she sure as heck ain't weak. " Soda said smiling.

" Yeah. " I said kinda laughing at Soda's comment.

" Dont worry about it. " Soda said staring off at the sunset.

" Okay, thanks Soda. " I said smiling at him.

" No problem. You comin inside? " he said, as he started to walk back inside.

" I'll be there in a minute. " I said looking at the colors that filled the sky.

" Okay. " Soda said walking into the house. Despite what Soda said, I was still a little worried. I just decided to try and not let it bother me as much. I was happy I had my second family, the gang.
I met the gang when I was around fourteen. Never did they once hurt me, or try to. They were always caring and compassionate towards me, no matter what circumstances any of us were in. I loved them, and I wouldnt trade them for anything.
I continued to watch the colors, and cars go by. I stood there observing until the sun had fully set, and I was left to just my thoughts. I was used to being left with just my thoughts.
When I was four years old, Lyla was born. My dad got frustrated at the thought of another daughter, so he started to yell and fight with my mom. So my mom and I never really had time to talk, and during fights I was left to just me and baby Lyla. Luckily my mom built up the courage to kick my dad out of the house.
I decided it was finally time to head back inside. As I turned around to go back inside the house, I noticed a truck pull up. It was Darry's rental truck. I watched Darry get out of the truck.

" Hey Darry. " I said from the porch.

" Hey Ali. " Darry said walking up to the porch.

" How was work? " I asked smiling.

" It was good. What are ya doin out here all alone. " Darry asked looking confused and slightly concerned.

" I was just thinking. " I said rocking back on my feet.

" Okay, if you say so. " Darry said walking inside the house, as I followed him in.

" Hey Darry. " Soda said getting up from the couch.

" Hey Soda. " Darry said smiling a small and short smile.

" Sup man. " Dally said looking over at Darry.

" Hey all of y'all. " Darry said with a small smile, then he walked to his room and put his work stuff down. He then came back to the kitchen, and started to get out the supplies to cook.

" Hey Darry, can I cook tonight. " I asked. I could tell Darry was tired and I didnt want hime to work more then he had to.

" I mean, do you want to? " he questioned looking confused.

" Of course, you can just relax. " I said smiling at him.

" Okay, if you say so. " he said walking out of the kitchen, and sitting in his chair. Once again however, I didnt really know how to cook very well. At least I could try and take some of the stress off of Darry's shoulders though.
I looked through all the cabinets and the fridge to see what food there was. As I expected, there wasnt much. Lucky for me Pony walked in.

" What are you doin Ali. " Pony asked standing by the doorway.

" Um, tryin to make dinner. " I said with a small laugh, and a awkward smile.

" Oh well, I can help you if you want. " Pony said smiling back at me.

" Sure, that would actually be great. " I said laughing. We started to look for ingredients we could use, to make something at least close to edible. We decided to make some spaghetti, and garlic bread. I made the garlic bread, while Pony made the spaghetti.

" Hey y'all. What ya makin, smells good. " Two-Bit said as he walked in to grab another beer.

" Spaghetti and garlic bread. " I said turning around and looking at Two-Bit.

" Sounds yummy, but y'all better hurry. I'm starving. " Two-Bit said smiling and starting to walk back into the livingroom.

" Yeah, okay Two-Bit. " Pony said in a joking way.

" I'm serious, I'm gonna start eatin the couch. " Two-Bit said laughing at his own joke, then walking back into the living room.

" That guy is crazy. " Pony said smiling.

" Yeah, just a little. " I said giggling. We finally finished dinner, and put it all on the table. Everyone came running, except for Darry who was his normal self.
We all sat around the small table and ate. Two-Bit wasnt lying, he was hungry. I think he got like three plates full, before I could even finish my one. Pony and I were prepared though, we made plenty of spaghetti for everyone. After dinner was over, Johnny and Two-Bit left.
It was just Soda, Pony, Darry, Dally, and I left. I was honestly quite tired, but I didnt want to go to bed, so I decided to read for a little while.