29. Decision

Allison's P.O.V

The dream I had was one I would never forget. My mom and sister were being threatened by a man, who looked like a Soc. I happened to be there at the right time. The Soc was about to stab Lyla, but I grabbed his arm and pulled it behind his back. He then stabbed me right in the gut, causing me to fall with the switchblade still in my body. That's when Dally woke me up, to my relief. I would never forget that, I dont know why. It would just always be something that followed me.

" Thanks Dally. " I said with a smile.

" What for man? " Dally asked with a look of confusion on his face.

" Waking me up, taking me to see Lyla, and just being my friend. " I said looking him in the eyes.

" Man you may be a handful, but you're a good friend too. You ain't got to thank me for bein a friend. " Dally said standing up. I just smiled as I sat up, and put my hair in a ponytail.
Dally was a tough shell to crack, but once you did, he was a pretty good guy. Dally just had more problems then a guy like him should have. He already lost his family, and now had a bunch of police and criminal stuff to his name, that he twenty four seven put up and dealt with.
He probably preferred it that way over any other way. Dally wanted to leave his family, he wanted to be away. That's why he left New York, to come to the small town of Tulsa Oklahoma.

" Hey Dally, what time is it? " I asked from the bathroom, as I fixed my hair.

" 4 : 30. " Dally yelled back.

" Okay, thanks. " I said brushing my hair.

" Why, you got a date? " Dally asked with a small laugh.

" No. Just wanted to know. " I said.

" If you say so. " Dally said. I walked back into the kitchen, and threw the two notes it the trash. I walked into the living room, and sat down in one of the chairs.

" So Dally, what are we gonna do? " I asked looking over at him.

" About what? The Soc situation? " Dally asked looking at me.

" Yeah. " I said cautiously, trying not to make him mad.

" Well man, I wasnt goin to actually go through with havin this rumble thing, but if you think it's smart and the right thing to do, then we can do it. " Dally said looking away again.

" Well, I dont want you to be killed by Socs, that's for sure. I dont exactly like the idea of the rumble either, though. So I guess the ultimate decision is up to you, if I'm bein honest. " I said.

" Alright, I'll think about it. " Dally said smiling, and getting up to smoke a cigarette, and I was left to my thoughts. It was around 5 : 00, and Soda and Pony came home.

" Hey Ali, how ya been? " Soda asked walking over to where I was sitting on the couch.

" Well I've been okay, how bout you? " I asked looking up at him.

" Not too bad, would of been better if Pony hadn't made us stop at the library for a hour. " Soda said sarcastically.

" Hey, library's are great. " Pony yelled as he put groceries away in the kitchen. I laughed at their little arguement.

" What ever you say Pony. " Soda yelled back. I saw Pony roll his eyes as he put the paper plates away.

" Hey could be worse, I would of made you stop at a dress shop. " I said jokingly.

" Touche ma'am. " Soda said bowing his head.

" Your such a dork. " I said.

" Is it bad I'm proud of that? " Soda asked throwing his hands out.

" No, it ain't bad. Honestly I think it's good. Your being ordinarily dorky. " I said giving him a smirk and narrowing my eyes. I heard Pony laugh from the kitchen.

" Yeah, alright thanks. " Soda said smiling and sitting down on the couch. Then Dally came inside, and Pony walked into the living room.

" Some help would of been nice, dork. " Pony said with a small laugh and a smirk.

" I'll show you who's a dork. " Soda said getting up and putting Pony in a headlock.

" Can I talk to you for a second, privately? " Dally said looking at me.

" Uh, yeah sure. " I said getting up. Soda and Pony looked at us, with confused and curious looks. I walked over to the door and walked outside, and I stood there expecting Dally to follow me. I saw Dally turn around, and I think he mumbled privately to the two boys, but I wasnt sure. He finally came outside.

" What did ya need Dal? " I asked with curiosity.

" I've been thinkin, you know about the rumble and Socs. " Dally started.

" Yeah. " I said.

" Well I think I've made a decision. " Dally said staring off across the street.

" Okay, what's your decision? " I asked kinda scared for what it was.

" Well I'm not sure if it's the right one, but it's what I think I'm goin to do. " Dally said taking a quick glance at me.

" Alright, tell me already. I've been dying to know. " I said nearly begging.

" Chill man, but I guess I should stop making you wait. " he said.

" Yes you should. " I said with a little annoyance behind my voice.

" Okay so I've decided that we should have a rumble. Now before you cut me off, lemme explain. I thought about the possible outcomes of both, and in a rumble I think we have a chance at winning, and if we dont it'll be just me who really suffers. If I didnt do the rumble, then I could be killed without so much as a second thought, but in a rumble I have a chance. " Dally exclaimed putting his cigarette out.

" I'm not one to change your opinion, but are you sure this is what you want? " I asked.

" Yeah. " Dally said bluntly.