15. Morning

Allison's P.O.V

Darry, Soda, and Pony would probably be the only ones who would know how it feels. Seeing how their parents died when they were really young.
I didnt know what to do, but then the answer hit me right away. It may seem crazy, but I was going to ask Lyla what to do. Whatever she says will be what I do.
No one was up yet, it was just me. I sat on the couch reading for a little while. Till I heard a voice. I looked up to see Pony.

" Hey, dont you know? First one up had to make breakfast. " he said rubbing the back of his head.

" Wait really, sorry I didnt know. " I said getting up.

" Calm down, I'm just kidding. I'll make it, dont worry about it. " he said walking into the kitchen.

" Now you made me feel bad, I'll help. " I said in an annoyed but joking tone. I heard Pony laugh quietly from the kitchen. I knew he was laughing at me.
I walked in the kitchen, and started to help Pony.

" Can you get some eggs out of the fridge please? " He asked me getting a skillet out of the cabinet.

" Sure. " I said getting the eggs out of the fridge, and handing them to him.

" Thanks, also can you grab the bacon? " he said cracking the eggs.

" Yeah. " I said grabbing the bacon, and taking it over to Pony. We continued to make breakfast. I mainly got all the dishes and Pony cooked. We finished cooking in about 10 minutes. We put all the food on one plate, and put it in the center of the table.

" Mornin y'all. " Soda said walking in the kitchen.

" Mornin, want some eggs and bacon? " I said sitting down.

" Sure. I got to eat quick tho, I got to head to work. If I dont make it on time, Darry will never shut up about it. " Soda said snatching a peice of bacon from the plate.

" Watch your mouth, little buddy. " Darry said patting Soda on the back.

" Yeah Yeah, hey Ali how's your wound? " Soda asked sitting down.

" Its okay, I woke up last night due to the pain. But I fell asleep after a little while. " I said through bites of eggs.

" Well that's good. " Soda said grabbing his third peice of bacon. Just then, Steve came in.

" Hey buddy, you ready yet? " Steve yelled, as he went to the fridge to get some chocolate cake.

" Not quite. " Soda said standing up to go get ready for work.

" Hey Ali I got to go to work today too. Will you be okay staying home with Pony and Lyla? " Darry said grabbing the newspaper.

" Its a fourteen and twelve year old, how hard can it be to babysit them for a while? " I said with confidence.

" I dont need no babysitter!! " Pony said.

" Well either way are you sure you can handle it. " Darry said.

" Yes sir. " I said laughing. I knew that Pony wouldn't be too hard to manage, and Lyla would probably just draw and read.

" Darn, y'all are goin to kill me one day. " Darry said going to get ready for work.

" So Ali, how have you been? " Steve asked in between bites of cake.

" Well other then being stabbed, I've been good. " I said not even looking up at him.

" Wait what? " Steve said as he stopped eating his cake.

" Yeah, I got stabbed by a Soc. I'm fine tho. " I said finally looking up at him.

" Wow, summer break sounds great for you. " Steve said going back to eating his cake.

" Yeah great if that's what you call it. " I said sarcastically.

" Hey Steve can you get a plate, your dropping crumbs everywhere? " Pony said annoyed.

" Nah, that's too much work kid. " Steve said with a smile. Pony rolled his eyes, while picking up the dishes. Soda came running into the kitchen.

" Come on buddy, were going to be late!! " Soda said while grabbing a little more to eat, then running out the door.

" We wouldn't be so late, if you didnt take so long to get ready!! " Steve yelled to Soda, who was already almost fully out the door.

" Well see y'all later. " Steve said before running to follow Soda. Eventually Darry came into the kitchen.

" Well I got to go to work guys. " He said grabbing his keys.

" Is Lyla awake up yet? " I asked him grabbing my plate and putting it in the sink.

" No not yet. " Darry said walking over to the door.

" Well I better be off to work, y'all behave. See y'all later. " Darry said walking out the door.

" Bye Darry. " I said as I walked into the dining room. I sat down at the piano, and played a little bit of a song I knew.

" You know how to play piano? " Pony asked me walking over.

" Yeah. I used to take lessons, but I had to quit because of the cost. I used to have a piano too, but we sold it. " I said playing a little more.

" Wow, I never knew you could play piano. " Pony said.

" Do you know how to play? " I asked him.

" A little, just some stuff I learned a long time ago. My mom used to play all the time, she tought me a little bit before she died. " He said wiping the piano off.

" Oh, well here sit down. I'll teach you a little more. " I said to him with a smile.

" Okay. " he said with a smile as he sat down. We sat there and I tought him a little more piano for about 30 minutes. Then Lyla came walking in.

" Why y'all playin piano so early in the mornin? " she asked drowsy.

" Lyla, its 1 : 30 p.m. " I said with a smile.

" What's your point? " Lyla asked walking into the kitchen. I went back to teaching Pony how to play piano. After a while he sounded really good, not that he didnt before. But man was he a fast learner.