8. Alone

Allison's P.O.V

I asked my mom if she wanted any food before I left. Then I left the house and started to head towards the cafe. I didn't get to the cafe till 2 : 45.
When I arrived I took a seat at a table by the window. I started to look at the menu. The waitress came over. She was a blonde, and had brown eyes. She was tall and skinny.

" Hi, what can I get for ya to drink? " She asked.

" Um I'll have a pink lemonade please. " I said to her looking up from the menu.

" Okie dokie. " She said with a smile, then walked off. I looked at the menu to see what I could afford to buy for lunch.
The waitress came back and asked what I wanted, and I order a grilled cheese for me. Then I ordered some soup for my mom, for me to bring home to her.
I ate my food and got up to leave, when I ran into someone.

" Sorry. " I said quickly looking down at the floor.

" Watch where you're going. " the guy said. I looked up and saw one of the Socs who had jumped me and Johnny last night. I didn't know what to say and I just looked at him. Then the waitress who waited on me came over.

" Excuse me, but can you not scare my customers or I'll have to ask you to leave. " she said pointing to the door.

" Simer down, baby. " he said holding his hands up.

" Thank you. " she said walking up and hugging him, and giving him a kiss on the cheek. I walked past them, and out the door. I assumed they were boyfriend and girlfriend, they both looked like Socs.
I started to walk home, then I decided to stop to look at jobs. I didn't see any that really appealed to me. My family needed money though, so I chose the job that had the most money. I looked at the information on the paper, then slipped it into my pocket. I continued my walk home.
When I got home I saw that we had mail. I opened up the mailbox, and got all the mail out. Then I went inside and looked at the mail. There wasn't really anything important, so I threw most of it away.
I poured the soup into a bowl, and brought it to my mom's room down the hall.

" Hey mom, I got your soup. " I said putting the soup on the table.

" Thanks Ali. " she said reaching for the soup.

" No problem, anything else you need? " I asked her.

" No thanks Ali. " she said taking a sip of her soup. I went into the living room and sat down on the couch. It was 3 : 15, and I was kinda lonely without Lyla.
I decided to clean up Lyla's and my room. It took me a hour for Lyla's room, and thirty minutes for mine. Then I cleaned up my kitchen and living room. It took me a hour for both. Then I did laundry, which took ten minutes. It was 5 : 55 when I finished all my chores.
I sat down and watched TV for another hour, then read for thirty minutes. It was 7 : 25.
I didn't eat dinner yet, so I got up and made spaghetti. It was quick and easy. It took me fifteen minutes to make the spaghetti, and five minutes to eat it.
When I was finished I sat down and watched TV, I started to fall asleep.
When I heard coughing from my mom's room. I jumped up and ran into her room.

" Mom are you okay!! " I said rushing in.

" Yeah I'm okay. " She said.

" Are you sure? " I asked grabbing her arm.

" I have something to tell you baby. " She said putting her hand on my shoulder.

" Okay. " I said starting to tear up.

" I've had this disease for a while, and it's deadly, there's about a five percent chance of survival. Now I've put something in the closet for you, a gift. Tell Lyla I love her. I love you too, with all my heart. Don't let this world beat you. Don't change for anyone and fight for what you believe in. Stay strong baby, and don't waist your tears on me. Save them for when you really need them. I've lived my life, and I'm satisfied with it. Don't be afraid to live yours, and make it what you want. I love you. " she said, as she slowly relaxed.

" Momma? " I said starting to cry. I couldn't hold it back it hurt, it felt like my heart was being ripped out of my body. It felt like I could barely breathe.

" Momma!! Please dont leave me!! Please. " I said laying my head on her stomach.

" I can't live without you. " I said through my tears. It was useless, I couldn't feel a pulse and she wasn't breathing. I was officially alone. I had Lyla, but she was gone that night too. I didn't know what I was going to tell Lyla.
I couldn't bare it, I didn't know what to do. I went over to the closet and opened it, there was a box. It was light pink, with a yellow bow. In cursive on the top it read Allison T. Morris. I opened the box. There was a sweater. It was yellow, and in the corner, in pink, there was a heart. It must of been what my mom was knitting that night on the poarch. She must of known this would happen.
I slipped the sweater on. I didn't know what else to do, where to go, or who to talk to. I couldn't take it. I ran out of the house as fast as I could. There was freezing cold ran hitting my face, but I didnt care I kept running. It was dark, cold, and raining.
I decided to go to the Curtis house, it was the only place I could go. I ran all the way there. The lights were on, so I knew someone was home. I ran up to the door and knocked, hoping someone would still be awake.