36. The Rumble

Allison's P.O.V

As they were talking I saw some of the other greasers look over at me, they had looks of disbelief of some sort. I was so busy looking at there looks, that I didnt notice Johnny walking over to me.

" So, are you just going to sit here and watch? " Johnny asked as he sat next to me.

" Crap, Johnny!! I didn't notice you walk up, but yeah. " I said holding my hand to my heart.

" Oh sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. " he said putting his hands in his pockets.

" Don't worry about it. " I said nudging him in the arm. Both of us heard some cars, and we turned around. It was about ten mustang's pulling up on the grass. Johnny and I looked at each other, then back at the cars.
Each car had about three to five Socs in it, if not more in a few of the cars. They all started to get out, we were clearly out numbered. I just hoped that another greaser gang would show up before 5 : 00.
Lucky for us it was about 4 : 30 and Tim Shepard's gang showed up, along with another gang I didnt know. Johnny walked back over to join everyone else. I noticed Matthew and Caden walk over.
It wasn't long before the rumble started. I had never seen a rumble in person, didnt plan to, nor did I ever want to again. It was awful, and it had just started. It could go on for hours, it all depended on which side would back down first, and when they would.
It didn't take too long before blood was spilt. Punches and kicks were being thrown, and occasionally so would people. I couldn't look away, but I wanted to.
Neither side looked like they planned on backing down anytime soon, so I prepared to be sitting there a while. Man, it pained me, not being able to help my friends. If I participated, I probably would of been killed.
It was one of the most brutal things that I had ever seen. No words could explain what it was like, I couldn't even try to explain. It was just complete chaos. I was completely fixed on watching the rumble, until I heard a voice to my left.

" Quite a interesting fight, ain't it? " the voice said. I turned to see a boy, he looked sixteen or seventeen. He was a Soc, but not as nicely dressed. He probably could of afforded better clothes, but what he was wearing, was pretty basic. He had dark brown hair, and green eyes. He was probably 6'1, and skinny. He looked strong though.

" So what's a good lookin braud like you doin here, watching the big boys fight? " he asked looking at the fight. I tried to ignore him, but he put his arm around my shoulders. I mustered up my toughest sounding voice.

" Hey, hands off buddy. " I snapped. He through his hands in the air.

" Well, well, well, we have a feisty one here, now don't we. C'mon baby, I ain't that bad. " he said lowering his hands.

" Yeah, your right. Your not bad, your down right awful and disgusting. " I said turning away from him.

" I'm being patient with you, but you ain't cooperating. " he said in a annoyed tone. I still didn't look at him.

" No, I ain't a dog. But you know who is, hint, hint, it's the boy sitting next to me. " I said with a sassy voice.

" That's it little girl. " he said, as he pushed me off the table. I fell on the hard dried ground. He got off the table and just looked down at me, with a grin. He knelt down beside me.

" Listen here broud, I ain't to be messed with, so I advise you to stop before this gets too ugly for your eyes. " he said, his grin even bigger then before. I was honestly kinda scared, and I didn't know what was happening with the rumble. In no way was I about to show my worry though, not in front of this guy.

" Yeah right. " I mumbled, I dont think he even heard me.

" I bet your family would die if they saw you. You're so weak, they probably wouldn't think your worth anything. " he said throwing a rock into the street.
In that moment, something snapped. I felt something I had never felt before. My family would never think that, I knew what he was doing. What I was feeling wasn't sadness, it was anger and hatred. For the first time ever, I had felt truly angry.
What he said, didn't hurt me, but it was about to hurt him. I wasn't about to be the pushover I had been before, I wasn't about to lay there. I wasn't going to give him that satisfaction.
Just as he started to turn his head back to me, I punched him right in the jaw. He fell backwards on his hands, and grabbed his jaw with his hand. I got up and stared down at him. I let him get up, on his feet.

" Oh girly, you shouldn't have done that. " he said as he tried to grab me. I moved out of the way, and he fell on to the table. He turned around, to face me. That's when he grabbed me, and wrapped his arms around my neck.
I felt myself start to get light headed, but the adrenaline I had wasn't about to let me give in, not that easily. I fought him and he seemed shocked that I was still conscious, he started to tighten his arms.
I kicked him as hard as I could in the leg, then I realized that my arms were free. I reached my arm up, and punched him right in the eye. He fell back, and grabbed his eye. I regained my breath, and we both stood there staring at eachother for a second, then he came towards me.