25. Hanging Around

Allison's P.O.V

When we arrived at the Curtis house, we all walked inside and sat down in the living room. Two-Bit turned Mickey on, of course. Pony sat down and watched Mickey with Two-Bit.
I went to the kitchen so I could wash some dishes, Johnny came with me.

" So how's Lyla doin thus far? " Johnny asked looking kinda nervous for what my answer would be.

" She seems okay, just a little bit of pain and a cough. " I said wiping down a plate.

" Oh, okay. " Johnny said with a small smile.

" So how have ya been? " I asked grabbing another plate.

" Good. I haven't gotten into any trouble if that's what ya mean. " He said with a little laugh. I kinda laughed too, which caused me to drop the plate I was washing. Luckily Johnny managed to grab it and hand it to me.

" Thanks. " I said smiling at him.

" No problem. " he said looking happy. We stood in the kitchen for a few more minutes, I continued to wash the dishes, and Johnny stood there watching me and occasionally talking.
By now it was already 6 : 00. Soda usually got off work around 6 : 00, then he comes home around 6 : 15. Johnny and I walked back into the living room, and sat on the couch with Pony. I sat next to Pony, and Johnny was next to me.
I giggled to myself looking at how intently Two-Bit was watching Mickey Mouse. Pony and Johnny looked at me, they must of thought I was crazy or something. I dont blame them. After all that's happened, I didn't know how I hadn't gone crazy.
We sat in silence watching Mickey for about three more minutes, till Soda came bursting through the door. He looked pretty happy, despite the fact he was probably pretty tired from work.

" Hey Soda. " I said smiling and kinda laughing.

" Hey Ali. " Soda said.

" Golly, you look happy. " Johnny said smiling.

" I am. " Soda said cheerfully.

" What's the occasion? " Pony chimed in and asked.

" I got a two hundred dollar pay raise, and got most of the work I needed to do done. " Soda exclaimed.

" That's great Soda!! " I said happily, as I stood up from the couch.

" Thanks. I hate to ruin the mood and all, but has anyone talked to Lyla? " Soda asked looking really concerned.

" Yeah actually. I talked to her this morning. She seemed to be in some pain, but not too much. " I said.

" That's good. " Soda said smiling. Just then Dally came in through the door. He had a few bluddy cuts, and bruises.

" Wow, what happened Dally? " I said shocked.

" Some stupid Socs man. " Dally said wiping his nose bleed. I went to get the first aid kit. It was in the bathroom under the sink. I got it and walked back into the living room, and over to dally.
I started to clean off some of the cuts on his face. Then I put some medicine on them. I gave him some paper towels, so he could wipe the blood off his nose and hands.

" Did they pull a blade on ya, or somethin? " Soda said raising one eyebrow.

" Nah man, they just had some good punches. " Dally said with a small laugh.

" I'll say. " Johnny said smiling.

" Yeah, yeah kid. " Dally said reaching over and ruffling Johnny's hair.

" Hey, quit it out Dal. " Johnny said.

" Stop movin Dally. " I said trying to clean one of the cuts I had missed.

" Okay. " He said sitting still again. I finally cleaned up all his bumps and bruises. He didn't look like a bear had just mauled his face anymore.

" All done. " I said smiling.

" Thanks Ali. " Dally said with a small smile.

" Oh, hey Dal. When did you get here? " Two-Bit said turning away from the TV, to look at us. We all just blankly stared at him. I guess he was too focused on watching Mickey, which was normal.

" Um like five minutes ago man. " Dally said looking confused.

" Oh okay, guess I didnt relize. " Two-Bit said going back to watching Mickey.

" Well then. " I said looking to the others.

" That's Two-Bit for ya. " Soda said laughing to himself. We all laughed at Soda's remark. I took the first aid kit back into the bathroom, and then looked at my own cut. It was almost fully healed, finally.
I hoped I would only have to wear the bandages for another day or two. I put more medicine on my wound, then put new bandages on it. For once I only had one thing to worry about, Lyla.
I walked back out into the living room to see the same thing as when I left. I walked over to where my backpack was, and took out my favorite necklace. Lyla had used her own money to buy it for me for my birthday one year.
The necklace was a little gold heart, and in the center it read sisters, till the hands of death show themselves. The necklace coated about seventy dollars, and Lyla had made her own money to get it for me. It meant a whole lot.
After putting my necklace on, I decided to go outside. No one said anything, surprisingly. It was almost 6 : 45, so the sun was setting. It looked gorgeous. Red, orange, yellow, and pink danced across the earth. There were fluffy pink clouds that covered the sky, and highlighted the other colors.
I stood there and watched as the sun made it's slow descent. I looked down at my necklace, the words played over and over in my head. The memory of the day she gave it to me, burning in my mind.
I needed her to be okay, I needed her here with me. If she didnt make it out of this mess, I wouldn't be able to live. She was the only family I had left, other then the gang. I needed her, I just did.