34. Emotions

Allison's P.O.V

" Well I better be goin, I have to make sure none of the boys get arrested. " I said, and we laughed.

" Okay bye, good luck tomorrow. " Lyla said as we hugged.

" Thanks. " I said trying not to sound worried as I left the room. There was a boy outside, he looked like he was waiting to see Lyla. He looked like he was about her age, his hair was nicely combed and a dirty blonde color. He looked about 5'6, but I wasnt sure since he was sitting. He looked like a Soc boy.

Lyla's P.O.V

" Well I better be goin, I have to make sure none of the boys get arrested. " Ali said, and we laughed.

" Okay bye, good luck tomorrow. " I said as we hugged.

" Thanks. " Ali said, and she walked out of the room. A moment later a boy came into my room, a Soc boy. It was Andrew, the boy who I met when I went to get icecream that one day.

" Hey Lyla. " he said awkwardly as he came into the room.

" Hey Andrew, what are you doing here? " I asked trying not to sound too rude.

" I came to check up on you, y'know cause that's kinda the only reason I would be here. I dont just come here to hang out. " Andrew said kinda sarcastically. Man, this boy was full of sarcasm. He couldn't open his mouth without saying at least one sarcastic thing.

" Right, that makes since. How did you know I was here, and what happened? " I asked.

" Well um I dont exactly know how they knew this, but some of my friends from our school were talking about it. So I decided to come see if it was true, and I guess it was. " he said.

" Well your friends are kinda strange. " I said with a small laugh.

" Yeah, just a little. Anyways how have you been? " Andrew asked smiling.

" Good, I feel a lot better. " I said returning his smile.

" That's good. Hey, who was that girl you were talking to? " Andrew questioned.

" Oh that was my sister, Ali. She's sixteen. " I said.

" Oh. I'm guessing you two are really close? " Andrew said, he looked kinda nervous.

" Yeah, we are. When you grow up on our side of town, you dont really have a choice. You have to be close to at least one person, that's just the way it is. Even if I did have the option, I would still be just as close to Ali as I am now. " I explained.

" Wow. " Andrew said, now he looked like he was surprised. I guess Socs never really had to worry about trouble, like being jumped, so they didn't need someone close to them.

Allison's P.O.V

I left the hospital, and started to head home. I hoped that everyone would be better, and at least smiling. I walked into the house, and nothing had changed. Everyone still looked sad, and depressed.
I didnt want to talk, and risk making things worse, so I didn't. I just walked back outside, and climbed a tree. I sat there watching the cars go by, and listening to the nearby traffic.
I had to be careful, since I was wearing my favorite dress. I didnt want to get it dirty, or rip it. There was a strong breeze, so I grabbed the tree branch closest to me, so I wouldnt fall.
I wasn't sure how I was feeling. Was I feeling sadness, worry, or fear? I didn't know, I sat there thinking about it. I was worried for tomorrow, sad this had to happen, and I feared the outcome, so I guess it was a mix of all three.
All of a sudden I fell out of the tree, but I didnt get hurt. I fell right into none other then Two-Bit Matthew's arms.

" What's hangin baby? " he said jokingly.

" Luckly not me from a tree. " I said as he put me down.

" Yeah, good thing. That wouldnt of been a good look for the neighbors. " Two-Bit said with a laugh.

" Oh yeah, wouldnt want to ruin the Curtis house reputation, now would we. " I said as we both walked inside. If anyone could cheer people up, it would be Two-Bit.

" What's with all the sad faces? " Two-Bit asked walking to get a beer.

" The rumble is tomorrow. " Soda said not looking up from the floor.

" Well that ain't nothin to be sad about. " Two-Bit said coming back into the living room.

" Well it ain't your life on the line. " Dally snapped.

" Maybe not, but I know mopin around ain't goin to help anything. " Two-Bit said sitting down.

" Two-Bit has a point, we shouldn't be moping around. That's only going to make things worse, besides we've beaten these Socs on more then one occasion. What makes this time any different? " Darry chimed in, standing up from his seat.
Leave it to Two-Bit, he makes everything better. He has a carefree personality, and it can fix almost any situation. Which the whole gang is surely thankful for.
As the day went on, everyone's expression slowly started to change, and by dinner time everyone was smiling and laughing. We were back to normal, well as normal as we could be.
Steve had come over, and the whole gang was here, except for Lyla. I told everyone that Lyla would come home tomorrow, and they were all excited. After dinner, we went outside in the backyard.
We sat at the outdoor table, and played cards for about thirty minutes. Then we played hide and seek, and Steve and Soda got into a playful fight. Pony tried to stop them, but once those two start, there's no stopping them.
We were out there playing random card and physical games till about two in the morning. We were all pretty tired, and we eventually went inside.

" Hey Ali, did the Socs say what time the rumble was? " Darry asked as we came inside.