3. Drive In and Run In

Allison's P.O.V

I read my book till 7 : 20. I then changed into my new cropped shirt, Jean's, and flannel. I put on my black converse and let my hair down and it fell into long curls. It was finally time to go. I walked outside, and as expected, the boys were right on time.

" Hey guys, ready to go? " I called to all of them.

" You bet. " Pony called back to me.

" Let's go then. " I said running down the stairs. We started walking to the drive in. It was cooling down and there was still a breeze.

" So what movie are we going to see? " I asked Dally.

" I'm not sure, I guess what ever movie's playin. " he said.

We were almost to the drive in when I relized I had forgot my jacket.

" Hey guys I left my jacket at my house, can I go get it? " I asked them.

" Sure, the movie don't start till 8 : 30. " Dally said in his normal tone.

I started to run back to get it, but I was stopped by a sweet voice.

" Hey Ali!! " I heard from behind me.

" Yeah? " I said turning around to see Johnny standing behind me, reaching for his back pocket.

" Here take my switch, just incase anything happens. " he said while holding out his switchblade.

" Don't you need it? " I said looking him in the eyes.

" Nah, I got Dally and Pony. But it's getting dark, and who knows what could happen, so if your going to go get your jacket alone at least take my switch. " he told me.

" Thanks Johnny. " I said taking the switch from his hand and slipping it in my pocket.

" Bye guys, I'll be back in a second. " I yelled to them as I started to run to get my jacket. I didnt want to take too long, cause I didnt want to risk us missing the movie.
I slowed down for a second to catch my breath, when I noticed a reddish color mustang pull up slightly behind me. I acted like I didn't notice, hoping that the car didn't contain drunk Socs. However I'm a greaser, so knowing my luck, five Socs got out of the car and started to slowly walk behind me. I picked up my pace a little, but it was too late. One Soc had my left arm, and another one had my right.

" Let me go!! " I said in the toughest voice I could manage.

" What are you going to do if we don't grease? " one of the Socs asked. I didn't know what to say so I just stood there silent. The Soc walked up to me and put his hand on my shoulder. He started to say something, but I wasn't paying attention. I was to busy thinking about how to get out of this mess. He started to bring his hand to my face so I bit him, hard. As hard as I could as a matter of fact. He jumped back and gripped his hand, it was bleeding slightly.

" Why you little greasy peice of crap. " he yelled. I tried to run away, but he grabbed me and pushed me up against a wall. I couldn't move.

" Where you gonna go now grease? " he asked. I didnt know what to do. Then I remembered Johnny's switch. I managed to move my arm just enough to grab the switch. I didnt want to kill the guy, so I tried to scratch his arm just to show that I wasn't playing. But, he knocked the switch out of my hand.

" Not today grease. " he said. I didn't know what to do, I had no defense and even if I did, it would be one against five. No one was around so I couldn't call for anyone. I wondered how I was going to make it out of this situation.

Pony's P.O.V

Dally, Johnny, Ali, and I were heading to the drive in to see the movie. We were almost there, but Ali forgot her jacket and had to go back to get it.

We were waiting for her to come back for about ten minutes, we started to get a little worried. Ali's house wasn't far and she was a pretty fast runner.

" Hey guys, maybe we should go see if she's okay. " I said

" Nah I'm sure she's fine, besides she's got Johnny's switch. " Dally said in a cool, clearly not worried tone.

" I don't know Dal, maybe Pony's right. " Johnny said.

" Alright, its 8 : 00. We'll walk back towards her house and make sure she's fine, then we should be able to get back to the drive in by 8 : 30. " Dally said finally giving in.

We all started to run back towards Ali's house. When we heard some commotion coming from a nearby alley. We decided to check it out. There were five Socs and they had Ali pinned up to a wall, and Johnny's switch was on the ground out of her reach.

Alison's P.O.V

I needed a miracle to get out of this, and here it came in the form of three boys by the names of Ponyboy Curtis, Dallas Winston, and Johnny Cade.

" Hey let her go!! " Dally yelled to the Socs.

" Oh look it's the big boy greasers. " The Soc snapped.

" Your not going to look like a big boy when were through with ya. " Dally said as if this was a normal thing he said, which it probably was. Three of the Socs started to come towards the boys. One of them tried to punch Dally, but Dally dodged it and in return gave the Soc a nice uppercut straight to the jaw.
Pony and Johnny came over to deal with the two Socs holding me. Pony punched the one holding me up against the wall, while Johnny grabbed his switch and flipped it open. Even Johnny could be threatening when he was holding a weapon. The Socs stepped back, but didn't leave. One of the Socs came closer to Johnny and tried to grab him, but Johnny cut the Soc across the face. It didnt do too much damage, but it was enough. All the Socs got back into their mustang and drove off.