38. Things Are Back To Normal ( The End )

Allison's P.O.V

I turned around, to see everyone staring at me. Dally, Johnny, Pony, Soda, Steve, Darry, Two-Bit, and the rest of the greasers. I didn't relize how weird it actually looked, then I thought about it. This bloody greaser girl was standing there staring at them, after fighting a Soc boy.

" What? " I asked. They just stared at me with looks of shock and disbelief. I guess it would be strange if a girl like me, who was always a scared pushover doormat, had beet up a Soc alone.
I'm not saying that girls couldn't beet Socs, because I know some who definitely could, but it was strange for me to be one of those girls. They all just stared at me, till Dally finally spoke up.

" That, was, Amazing, man. " Dally said putting emphasis on each word.

" Girl finally got her hands dirty a little bit. " Two-Bit said with a laugh. I just stood there as a smile spread across my face. The whole gang came over to me.

" Since when do you kick Soc butt's? " Steve asked.

" Oh y'know, since they start to have a smart mouth. " I said smiling.

" Hey, she's got morals. " Soda said, and we laughed.

" So, did you guys win? " I asked, knowing the answer already.

" Heck ya. " Steve yelled.

" I knew y'all would. " I said smiling.

" Wait weren't we supposed to get Lyla today? " Darry asked.

" Crap, yeah!! " I yelled, as we all ran towards the car. It was already 6 : 30. We got in the car, and started to drive to the hospital, on the way I called the doctor. He said that pickups went from 9 : 30 a.m to 8 : 30 p.m, so we had plenty of time.
It took us about ten minutes to get there, and we got out of the car and walked up to the counter. The receptionist already knew why we were there, so she went ahead and called for Lyla's current nurse to bring her down to us.
As soon as Lyla walked into the room, I ran over and hugged her, probably way too tight for her own good. She immediately hugged me back. After we hugged, we walked back over to the others, and they all said hi and stuff.

" So kid how have you been? " Dally asked.

" I mean it was better then being in prison for a week. " she said jokingly mocking Dally.

" Shut up. " Dally said acting like he didn't find it even a little funny. I filled out some paper work, and we left. It was kinda late, so after dinner we all got ready for bed. I was happy to have Lyla back, I had missed her more then I think I even knew.
As I was getting ready for bed, I noticed I had lost one of the purple bows in my hair, it was one of my only bows, and my mom had got the bows for me. I was a little upset, but there was nothing I could do about it, so I just continued to get ready, then went to bed.
The next morning I woke up at 1 : 00, and got dressed into the same outfit I had on before the rumble. The one with the sweater my mom made. I put my hair into pigtails, but I didnt have both bows, so I left them out.
Once I finished getting ready, I walked outside on the porch. Johnny and Pony were on the stairs smoking. Darry, Soda, and Steve were doing something in the yard. Then Dally and Two-Bit were cooking lunch on the grill, Two-Bit was doing more drinking then cooking. I walked down the steps, onto the sidewalk.

" You finally got your lazy butt up huh? " Pony said looking up at me.

" Yeah, yeah. " I said sitting down next to him.

" Hey Ali, I was in the park last night, cause well y'know why, and I found this. Thought I saw you wearing it. " Johnny said holding out my other purple bow.

" Thanks Johnny!! Man, your full of surprises aren't you. " I said laughing as I put the bow in one of my pigtails, then I ran inside and got the other one. I put it in my hair and went back outside. I didn't notice that Lyla wasn't there.

" Where's Lyla? " I asked.

" I think she's inside coloring at the kitchen table or something. " Pony said shrugging. That sounded like Lyla, bet she was excited to be out of that hospital and back to making art.
The next few weeks were perfect, and everything was amazing. Darry got his truck fixed, I got a job working at the icecream shop, Lyla and I sold our house for five hundred dollars, the Socs stayed mostly on their side of town, and most importantly Lyla got a boyfriend.
I got to tease her every second of it. Turns out the boy she was dating, was the same one who was in the hospital. His name is Andrew, but he was a Soc. He was nice, so no one cared that they were dating.
My life was back to normal, and perfect. My summer break was finally what I had hoped for, and I hoped it would continue to stay that way, at least till school started, then I would have a whole nother adventure.

The End