18. Trash

Lyla's P.O.V

Three boys came running over, they were dressed in similar clothes to Andrew. They looked to be the same age too.

" What are you doin with trash? " One of the boys said.

" I'm not. " He said.

" Are you sure about that, cause I see some trash right there. " the other boy said.

" I'm positive, I'm hanging out with a friend. " Andrew said with a stern look.

" Y'all should stop being so mean. Besides, if he wanted trash for friends he would just hang out with you guys. " I added. Andrew looked slightly surprised that I said that.

" Listen here grease, you need to keep your mouth shut before you dont have the choice. " the first boy said.

" No, and I ain't no grease. I'm a human, just like you. Maybe I dont have as much money as y'all, but that doesnt make me diffrent. It just means I work harder for what I want. I dont get why some stupid Socs cant understand that. " I said standing up from the swing.

" You shut your mouth girly. " The other boy said.

" I told you, no. " I said standing there with a stern face.

" Leave her alone guys, she didnt do anything to you guys. " Andrew snapped.

" Why, she doesnt matter shes a greaser. " the third boy finally said. For some reason that hit me like a tsunami to a building.

" You listen here bud, just cause I'm a greaser it dont make me any diffrent!! I do matter, and maybe not to you. But to others I do matter!! So you can go cause trouble somewhere else. I didnt do nothin to you, so dont insult me!! " I yelled at them, I couldn't contain the anger I felt.
Everyone sat there in silence, and Andrew looked at me surprised. It was like they didnt know what to say.

" You heard me, leave. " I said looking at them.

" Whatever it ain't worth it. " the main boy said. Then all three of them walked away.

" Wow. " Andrew said.

" What? " I asked

" Nothing. " He said looking down at his feet.

" Hey what time is it? " I asked.

" Um 5 : 15. " Andrew said looking down at his watch.

" Crap!! " I yelled as I started to run.

" Where are you going? " I heard Andrew yell behind me.

" I got to go, and thanks for your help!! " I yelled back to him.

" No problem. " He yelled back. I ran towards my house. I didnt want to be late, so I ran as fast as I could. I was almost home when I saw none other then the trashy Soc boys. Man my family has the worst luck.
I crossed the road so I wouldn't be on their side. I hopped they wouldn't see me, but once again my family had the worst luck of all time.

" Hey look it's the grease from earlier. " one of the boys yelled.

" The one Andrew was hanging out with? " The other one asked.

" Yeah, that's her. " the Soc yelled. I tried to continue walking, and pretend like I didnt know them. However they ran over to me, and grabbed me by my hair.

" Let me go you dumb donkeys!! " I yelled.

" Oh, why should we do that? " one Soc boy said.

" Because I didnt do nothin to you!! " I yelled while I struggled to get my hair free.

" So, why does it matter? " the Soc said.

" Cant you just leave me alone? " I asked still trying to free myself.

" We could, but what would be the point in that? " the quieter Soc said.

" What's the point in not letting me go? " I asked in return.

" Well, there is no point other then entertainment. " one Soc said. I was getting really mad at this point. I kicked one of the boys in the leg, and in return I got a punch to my ribs. It didnt hurt too bad, just a little sting.
Two of them were holding my arms now, which was better then my hair. The other kid was in front of me. He kicked me in the leg a few times, then hit me in the head.
The hit to the head kinda hurt, but still wasnt the worse I had faced. I refused to show any emotion towards them. I just let them beat me, there was no point in fighting back. Even if I did fight back they would never let me go, so there was no point in me tiring myself out.
They continued to hit and kick me, one of them hit me in the head on the perfect spot. I almost passed out, but I managed to remain mostly conscious. My vision was blurry tho. Then I heard a voice, I recognized it. But I failed to put my finger on who it was.

" Hey, you kids get outta here!! " the voice said. I felt the boys let go of my arms, and I fell to the floor.

" You okay Lyla? " the voice asked. I couldn't really respond. I felt someone pick me up.

" Let's get you home. " the voice said. I slowly regained more consciousness. I could slowly see. I looked up and saw Steve. I wanted to say I was okay and thanks for helping me, but I couldn't speak. I wasnt too far away from home when I got jumped, so I dont think we had that far to go.
I was still in some pain. I had a burning pain on my cheek, it was really annoying. We finally made it back home, well we made it to the Curtis house. Steve knocked on the door the best he could while holding me, Ali answered.

" Oh my gosh, Lyla!! " I heard Ali yell.

" What happened? " Pony said walking up to the door.

" Bring her inside and set her on the couch please. " Ali commanded. I felt my body hit the couch.

" Thanks Steve, what happened to her? " Ali asked coming over to me.

" I'm not really sure. " Steve said.