33. Rumble News

Allison's P.O.V

It wasnt long before Caden and Matthew were in my face, the Socs who were probably pretty peeved with me. They wernt alone either.

" Hey greasers, what are you doin walkin out here? " Matthew asked.

" This is our turf Matthew, stay on your side of town. " I snapped.

" We ain't lookin for trouble grease, so dont make this harder then needed. " Matthew stated.

" Well if you ain't here for trouble why are you here? " I asked them.

" We're here to tell you that the rumble is tomorrow, at 5 : 00 p.m., and you better be there. If you're not, y'know what happens braud. " Caden chimed in.

" Okay, we'll be there. " I said rolling my eyes.

" Good. " Caden said as they walked back to their car. Johnny and I continued our walk.

" Who were they. " Johnny asked looking over at me.

" The Socs who threatened to kill Dally. " I said. Johnny flinched at the sentence.

" Oh. " Johnny said as he stared at his feet. We continued our walk in silence, all the way back to the Curtis house. When we got back to the house, Johnny and I had a silent argument of who would tell everyone the news. I ended up having to tell them.

" The rumble, the rumble is tomorrow. " I struggled to say. I didnt want to admit the fact, cause I knew all it would bring is sadness, stress, and bad outcomes. No one said anything, but Dally looked down at his feet. He looked like for once in his life, he was at least a little worried. How could he not be, it's his life on the line, and hes trusting a bunch of teenage greaser boys to keep him from the hands of the grim reaper.
Dally always had a look of sadness and hatred, he never cared what happened to him, but this time he did.

Dally's P.O.V

Soda, Darry, Pony, and I were all sitting in the living room watching TV and reading the paper. Ali and Johnny had gone for a walk, I think Ali was a little stressed about the rumble. Johnny did the right thing by taking her to get fresh air.
It wasnt long before the came back though. They walked in and looked at each other with looks of question. It looked like they were debating something. Then Ali finally gave in, and spoke up.

" The rumble, the rumble is tomorrow. " she struggled to say. I felt a feeling I had never really felt before. It was strange, and I didnt know what to think of it. Was I worried?
I have never been worried about anything, especially not a rumble. I didnt know if I was more worried about the fact that I could lose my life, or how everyone would react if I did.
I stared down at my feet, I tried to make the feeling go away. Why does it matter, your going to win. Your going to be okay, everything will be okay. Nothing is going to change. I told myself over and over again. I didnt want to leave my family, the gang, not now.

Allison's P.O.V

I didnt like being in that room, not with all the sad and gloomy faces. I tried staying positive no matter the situation, but sitting in that room, didnt help.
I walked into the kitchen, and got a glass of water.
I drank my water, and took a few deep breaths. I knew tomorrow would be a pain in the butt, but I tried not to think about it. I figured I should visit Lyla today, and tell her everything. It was already 11 : 30, so I grabbed my Jean's jacket, and left. No one questioned, they probably knew where I was going.
The walk there would of been peaceful if I hadn't thought so much about tomorrow, and how eager I was to tell Lyla. I walked into the hospital, and the receptionist knew who I was, so she just waved for me to go ahead.
I stopped at the gift shop, and bought Lyla some snacks, and a stuffed animal. I walked into her room, she looked happy and pretty healthy.

" Hey how ya been? " I said as I hugged her, and gave her the stuff I bought.

" Good, actually. I feel perfectly fine, hopefully I'll ge out of this joint soon. I dont think I'll last even one more week here, I'll go insane before then. " Lyla said laughing.

" Yeah, well I dont think I'm going to make your stay any better. " I said looking away from her.

" What do you mean? " she said as her happy expression faded.

" Were having the rumble, and its tomorrow. If we lose, Dally dies. " I told her. She looked surprised, and she turned away from me. I wanted to cry, I didnt like seeing her this way, and I was caught up in the pressure of tomorrow.

" Hey dont worry, it'll be okay. The boys will handle it, and everything will be okay. Dally will be perfectly fine and everything will go back to normal after tomorrow, I promise. " Lyla exclaimed. Lyla always new what to say, and just when to say it. She always had that special skill of cheering anyone up.

" Thanks Lyla. " I said giving her a hug. Just then the docter came into the room.

" Oh Ms. Allison, what a pleasant surprise. I'm actually really happy your here. " The doctor said.

" Nice to see you too, do you have something to tell me? " I asked.

" Well yes. Lyla is fully healed, but were going to keep her here one more night, just in case she starts having any problems. However, come tomorrow evening, she should be able to leave. " the docter said with a big smile.

" Thanks doc, I'll make sure to come get her tomorrow. " I said returning the smile.

" No problem. Now I'll leave, and let you all visit with eachother. " the doctor said as he left the room.

" You hear that you get to come home tomorrow!! " I said to Lyla with a really big bright smile.

" Finally!! " she said acting like she had been in that hospital for years, and we both laughed.