21. Hospital

Lyla's P.O.V

Everything was dark, I wanted to open my eyes but I couldn't. I started to hear a beeping noise, and I felt a lot of pain. I could hear people talking, but I couldn't tell what they were saying. I started to open my eyes, but they shut again. I finally managed to get them open, after a few minutes.
I quickly sat up, breathing heavily. I felt a lot of pain, but I barely noticed. There were a bunch of people trying to calm me down, and after all their efforts I calmed down. I sat there for a few minutes, and tried to think about what had happened.
I already knew what happened, it was so vivid. The car, the crash, my scream, the pain. I remembered it all. We were going to the rodeo, then a car hit the left and backside of the truck, I felt a peice of glass cut me, I screamed due to the shock and sudden uncalled for pain.
The piece of glass went right across my eye, but due to the fear my eye was closed. So my eye didn't take any damage. Now I just had a huge cut right across my eye, it was deep to. It probably broke the first three to five layers of skin.
A few minutes past, and a woman came in. Following her were Soda, Darry, Steve, and Pony, no Allison. I immediately started to assume the worse.

" Hey kid, how ya feelin? " Soda asked looking sincere.

" Not to bad, not to good. " I said.

" That's a real nasty cut you got there. " Steve said looking slightly concerned.

" It ain't nothin major, just a little wound. It'll heal in no time. " I said trying to be convincing. I wasn't lying, I just didnt think they would beleive me.

" Okay, if you say so. " Steve said looking really confused.

" Besides looks like Soda here got worse luck. " I said laughing a tiny bit.

" Nah, barley even feel it. " Soda said smirking.

" Mhm, okay. " I said with sarcasm.

" It'll heal in a few weeks. " Soda said smiling while looking his arm up and down.

" Hopefully. How's Ali? " I asked concerned for my sister's condition.

" She's fine, just a little shaken up. She's probably walking out of here with the least amount of damage, if I'm being honest. " Pony said half smiling, and half frowning.

" That's good news at least. " I said smiling, and trying to lightin the mood.

" Yeah, we could use some good news. " Steve said.

" Speaking of which, where is Ali? " I asked confused.

" She's in her room, she'll be here in a few minutes. We didnt want her to get up right after she woke up. " Darry said.

" Oh, okay. " I said.

" So how's that gash on your cheek, does it hurt a lot? " Pony asked looking intrigued.

" I mean, I know it's there. Other then that, no it doesnt hurt too much. Just a little sting here and there. I guess some glass scraped my cheek or somethin like that. " I said rubbing the huge scratch on my cheek.

" I think you got the worst of this whole dilemma. " Pony said.

" Hey, at least you'll have two cool new scars. " Steve said with a small smile. I had almost forgotten about the scratch from the three Soc boys. Steve was right though, I would have two new scars on my face. I dont know if I should be happy about that or not.

" Yeah, that's true. " I said thinking about weather or not that was the truth. Having two scars would be cool, and make me look tough. But on the other hand, I didnt want two huge scars across my face.

" Well we're going to go and check on Ali, hopefully we'll come back with her. " Darry said starting to leave. I was happy we had people who cared for Ali and I, they made life a lot easier. I sat there thinking for a little while, waiting for everyone to return.

Allison's P.O.V

I was sitting in the hospital bed, thinking about Lyla. Then the boys came back.

" How is she? " I asked as soon as they opened the door.

" She's okay, just a lot of scratches, and possibly some shock. " Darry said walking into the room, the other boys following close behind.

" Thank goodness, I dont know what I would do if she was hurt. " I said with a lot of relief.

" I know how you feel. " Darry said looking at Pony then Soda. All three of them smiled, and I giggled.

" Do you think the hospital has chocolate cake? " Steve asked looking excited.

" Probably not buddy, but we can go check. " Soda said smiling a slightly mischievous smile. The two boys exchanged mischievous looks, then ran out the door. We all knew they would get into some sort of trouble, no doubt about it.

" Should we go get em? " Pony asked looking worried.

" Nah, if they get in trouble then I'll have to teach em. " Darry said slightly smiling.

" Well you know how it is, when Steve gets those chocolate cake cravings. " I said giggling.

" Yeah I guess so. " Pony said with a small laugh.

" So when can I leave this place. " I asked anxious.

" Hopefully the doctor will clear you to be discharged tonight. " Darry said.

" I dont see why he wouldn't I'm in a fine condition, there's nothin wrong with me. " I said.

" Yeah, but you never know. I think he wanted to run some more tests, just to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with you internally. There's always the chance there may be something wrong, but you cant feel it. " Darry said sternly.

" Yeah I guess so, but I think I'm fine. I would think if something was wrong I would know, even if I cant neccesarily feel it. " I said kinda confused. I know that didnt really make sense, but still. At that moment the doctor came in to talk to us.

" Well were going to run a few more tests, then hopefully based on the results you should be free to go. " the doctor said smiling.