22. Being At Home

Allison's P.O.V

" Okay. " I said. Luckily the doctor was ready to do all the tests at that moment, so we went back to all the testing rooms. I had all my tests done, and got cleared to go home.
After I was cleared I went to visit Lyla. We walked into the room, and she was sitting there.

" Hey Lyla. " I said smiling and waving.

" Ali!! Your okay. " she said excited.

" Yeah, I'm okay. How bout you though? " I asked still smiling.

" I think I'm okay, but there's still some pain. " she said slightly smiling.

" Okay. Hopefully you'll be able to leave with us tonight. " I said. I was kinda sad at the thought of Lyla not coming home. I was almost ninety five percent sure she would come home, but there was no way of me knowing.
The nurse had us stand in the hallway while she did a few more tests. Once she was done, she asked the guardian of Lyla to come with her to the hallway. So since I was the closest to a guardian she had, I went.

" Okay, so are you the guardian of Lyla Morris? " the nurse asked.

" Yes ma'am. " I said trying to smile. It was hard to smile, because I figured if she had to talk to me one on one it would be important.

" Well I have good and bad news, I'm going to give it to you straight. The good news is she should be free to go. The bad news is it wont be for a couple of days. We found some internal problems. Most likely some glass got into her body, and the crash fractured some bones. The reason she cant feel it, could be due to some damaged nerves. " the nurse said, her face started in a smile then went to a frown.

" Will, will she be okay? " I stammered to get out.

" With medical attention, yes she should be. Dont worry, she should be able to come home in about a week. " the nurse said with a sincere and genuine smile.

" Okay, thank you. " I said as we entered the room. Lyla was talking to Pony and Darry, Steve and Soda still hadn't come back.

" Well, what's the news? " Darry asked looking at me.

" Yeah, what's goin on? " Lyla asked eagerly.

" Well you cant come home tonight, but the doctors are goin to help you. Then you should be able to come home in about a week. " I said trying to make her feel reassured.

" But, but I want to come home with you. Tonight. I've never been alone like this before. " Lyla said sad and nervous looking.

" Hey, it's okay. I'll visit you, dont worry. " I said smiling at her.

" Okay, if you say so. Do you sister promise? " she asked.

" Yes, I do. " I said smiling and laughing.

" Okay. " She said smiling and giggling. Steve and Soda finally came back, and surprisingly they didn't get in trouble. Well that we know of. After saying bye, we left. We had to walk home, because the car obviously wasnt in the best shape.
The walk was actually pretty short. We were all laughing and smiling, and just trying to lightin the mood. Despite our injuries, we were all in perfect shape. However I still had the nagging feeling of not having Lyla there. Ever since she was born, the most we had been separated was going to a friends house for a night or two. In other words, this was going to be a weird and painful experience. I didnt want to be separated from Lyla, and she didnt want to be from me.
It was already 9 : 30, we had been in that hospital for a while. When we got back to the Curtis house, we turned on Micky Mouse and relaxed for a while. Then Steve decided he wanted to head home. So he left, after grabbing some chocolate cake for the trip home.
Darry decided to get ready and go to bed. So Soda and I were left in the living room.

" Well its gettin kinda late, and we have a lot of healing to do. We better try and get some sleep. " Soda said from the kitchen.

" Okay Soda. Night. " I said still watching Mickey.

" Arnt you gonna go to bed too? " Soda asked.

" Yeah, I will. I think I'll stay up for a few more minutes, just to finish this episode. " I said.

" Okay, if you say so. " Soda said walking off to get ready for bed. I sat there watching the episode of Mickey Mouse. It was one of my favorite episodes, and it always had been.
The episode finished in about five minutes, and I went to get ready for bed.
It was dark, other then the light from the TV. So as I was walking to the bathroom, I stubbed my toe on a table. I tried not to scream, but it hurt really bad.
I managed to get to the bathroom, and not scream. I brushed my teeth and my hair, then got changed into my pajamas. Which was just some shorts, and a tank top.
I walked back out into the living room, and turned the TV off. Then I crawled onto the couch, and layed down. The couch felt lonely without Lyla at the other end. I missed Lyla so badly.
I tossed and turned for probably a solid thirty minutes. I couldn't get the thought of Lyla out of my head. I sat there, and sat there, and sat there, until I finally managed to doze off. By the time I had fallen asleep, it was probably 1 : 30 in the morning.
The next morning it was sunny, and the birds were chirping. I woke up to silence in the house. I walked into the kitchen, to see a note on the counter. It said . . .
Soda's at the DX, and I'm at work. Pony should be home, if not then he probably went to the movies or library. If you need anything, you can call or go to the DX.
- Darry