3 | sun kisses

Great you're gonna be late on your first day, I tought seeing the time on my night table clock.

I had been lucky that no one heard me this night but someone eventually would and that scared me to death. To be honest at first I didn't even want to attend the exams to enter this school because I knew it would be a impossible with my problems. But Derek convinced me -after a few months though- saying that I should at least try. And here I was. For now that was manageable.

I owed him so much, after all these years he kept pushing me to do things that could make me happy. Even after nine years I still wasn't really used to it. It felt weird.

"AMANDA! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?" shouted a voice that I recognized behind my door causing me to jump before giggling from my own reaction.
I quickly grabbed my stuffs before joining them outside of my room, an annoyed look on their faces.

"Don't shout! You scared the shit out of me."

"We're gonna be late because of you smartass." coldly replied Emily.

"I didn't ask you to wait for me." I answered with a small grin, that was actually funny to see her so stressed out about school.

"Oh shut up."

Just because that was really funny and I could see that Jade was enjoying it as well, I decided to tease her bit more as we were walking through the now empty corridor. "Are you nervous Emily Johnson ?"
Oh wow I actually remembered her last name. Quite impressive Amanda.

"I'm gonna punch you right in the face if you don't walk faster."

"It's okay we're not even late late, right Jade?"

Being really annoyed at the moment Emily began to walk faster, rolling her eyes at us like we were the most childish persons she ever met which wasn't maybe really wrong.

I was actually so excited to begin classes. I was really looking forward to learn from this school.

This morning passed by extremely fast, surely because of how excited I was. Soon, I was sitting on my own on the steps in front of the school while the girls were in class. Even if we had a lot in common, they still had one or two classes without me which I was absolutely fine with.

My book laying down on my thighs, I realized that I came here to actually work on what we had written a few hours earlier but I was just being too distracted by the sun.
That was one of the thing I enjoyed the most on this planet, the sunlight warming my whole body and offering this nice brightness to the world. Everything was more beautiful and enjoyable under the sun.
I could stay like that for hours, I thought while leaning my whole body on my hands resting on the higher step behing me. My eyes subconsciously shut down as I was enjoying it, a satisfied grin on my lips.

"Amanda? What are you doing here?"

Opening my eyes again I saw Miss Anderson, her arms full of books and her hair dancing in the wind.
As she was right in front of the sun from my point of view it has been difficult to look at her without becoming totally blind. Finally, a hand raised up to hide the sun, I've been able to admire the woman standing in front of me with a cute smile split across her face.

The sunlight illuminated her hair, giving it those absolutely hypnotizing golden glints.
She looks even more intimidating from here.

"Uh, enjoying the sun." I said with an obvious tone.
A light chuckle left her lips before she glanced all around us.

"Do you realize that you're alone outside because it's actually cold?" she said looking kind of amused about my behaviour -again-.