47 | kiss me goodnight

I sat waiting on my bed for I don't even know how long, before realizing I should change into my pajamas.
And maybe a quarter later I gave up and knocked on her door.

It took her very long seconds to appear. And when she finally did, she was still wearing that annoyed facial expression.

"Can I come in?"

After staring at me for a while, she simply left the door open, going back to her teacher's occupations, her hair following the quick movement and flying behind her.

"What happened?" I questioned while making sure the door was closed and nobody had seen me enter.

Not surprisingly Isabelle shot me a death glare, before diverting her eyes and ironically giggling a bit. That wasn't a happy laugh at all.

"Really?" She snapped at me.

Had I done something in this two hours lapse of time?

Understanding that I really had no idea of what she could possibly be talking about, she added
"Cathy was annoyingly « touchy » today, right? That's what you wanted to say earlier."

OH OF COURSE. How could I be so stupid, she witnessed it when she entered the common room earlier.
Shit.
HOLY shit.

"Oh. Yeah. I'm sorry the whole day I managed to back away when she did those kind of things, but I didn't know what to do when she laid on my-"

"Well that's easy: « Move away Bitch! » See?" She interrupted me, raising her voice and dropping all her papers to face me with an angry look.

Bitch, wow she was that mad at this girl?

I remained quiet for a second, trying to process this information and how angry she seemed to be against the both of us.

"You know I just like her as a friend. That's all." I finally admitted, as she was already searching for another occupation in her room, where she wouldn't have to look at me.

Great so now she was cleaning her closet.

"And what about her? How much does she like you?"

"Just... as much I suppose. She's a... touchy friend I guess. Jade is kinda touchy too, you know." I said, absolutely sure it was the best argument I could ever find. My hopes fell hard at her answer though.

"But Jade didn't kiss you!"

That was so freaking right.

I hadn't realized Cathy's behavior was that «weird» until now. But still, I forced myself to believe her when she said she just wanted to be friends again.

I silently joined her, wanting her to face me but all I could see right now was her back.

"Isabelle. Look at me, I don't give a shit about her. Believe me you have all my attention."

Despite what I was affirming, she continued to fold her clothes, as if I wasn't even there.

"Chérie... she admitted not knowing why she did that during the trip. We both only want to be friends, I swear."
The words flew so quickly and naturally out of my lips, making me realize too late how I had called her.

And that's apparently what caught her attention too because our gazes immediately locked again and she whispered in a really nicer tone -still mixed with a bit of anger though- "How did you just call me?"

Chérie.
Where had I even heard that? Surely not at home with my mother, she wasn't the romantic type.
So where?

"Amanda." She said, eyeing my puzzled expression as her hand was traveling to my tummy where she gripped the fabric of my t-shirt between her fingers to pull me a bit closer.