-a lifetime waltz.

Amanda's point of view

Nine years later

"Oh, and do you remember my uncle's reaction when we told him?" I lowly giggled, unconsciously twirling the white wine in my glass while she painted a bright smile on her face, her nose crunching lightly at the amusing memory of it.

"How could I even forget?" She lowly spoke, letting her hands caress the naked skin of my legs that had been resting on her lap for the past thirty minutes.

Her head peacefully fell backward, resting on the wall of our house, allowing the evening sun to glow on her face after a rough day at work while my playlist was soothingly playing in the background, invading the garden.

For some reason I had been thinking all day about how we had met, and how turned out this first year together.
How I met her parents abroad, and how, when she drove me back from the airport that day, we decided to walk into Derek's house hand in hand.

He had an even better reaction than what I would have expected, offering Isabelle a toothy smile and a warm hug.
« I was wondering when you two will finally tell me.» I remembered the man that had been aware of our relationship for quite a long time before we decided to break the news say joyfully.

Whenever I would sit down and let my thoughts wander back to all those years I would just smile at how it had been a pure bliss, from the beginning to today, which was far from being the end.

Before I could get too lost into my thoughts again like I tended to do often this week as we were coming to our anniversary, her hands managed to bring me closer to her body, making me slide on the wooden bench until my face was only inches away from hers.

"Ohhh you almost spilled my wine miss." I whined, shooting her a gaze that was meant to be a little intimidating, which surely wasn't as I now was the one sheepishly grinning at her and her hot arched eyebrow.

"Baby we've been married for six years and you keep continuing to call me miss."

Momentarily bitting at my bottom lip I allowed my arm to snuck around her shoulders as I realized hers was already tightly wrapped around my waist.

"I still can't believe you deliberately chose to spend the rest of your life with the fool I am mrs.Anderson."

"Oh I was planning on doing so anyways. The ring was just an excuse to call you my wife." I heard her whisper before her lips momentarily crashed on mine, offering me another of her delightful kisses I could never get enough of.

"Have I told you how beautiful you are today?" I whispered back, my fingers following the low-cut of her shirt mindlessly, still incredibly amazed to see goosebumps appearing on my path.

"I think you did. About a hundred times, but I don't mind you being an adorable broken record-player." She stated with a smirk I couldn't help but admire from a closer point of view, her adorable dimples on display.

But unfortunately, before I could do anything a loud shout made me turn around rapidly.
"MAMA! MOMMYYY!"

I had just enough time to put my glass and legs down before a five years old brunette jumped onto my lap, showing the both of us a postcard displaying the Eiffel tower.

"Oh, is that Maël's reply?" Isabelle urged to question, using a French accent that never failed to make me smile and most importantly sharing our daughter's excitement regarding the little piece of paper.