49 | wave of memories

"Thank you very much." Isabelle immediately replied when I came back with two fuming cups of tea.

With a happy sigh, I gently fell next to her, my back against the wall so I could face this amazing sunset the sky was offering us.

But to be honest something was way more interesting than the sky.
I silently admired from the corner of my eyes the way she blew on her drink, before guiding the cup to her lips, which she fortunately didn't remark.

We had set up a little blanket on the floor, just so we would sit more comfortably, our bodies nearing the other.
After some time she even unconsciously reached over our legs to rest her hand on whatever part of my body she could, on the aim to pull me a bit closer to her.

During the rest of the afternoon we had talked about several things, getting to know each other a bit better. No hard topic, just some like preferences, like what was our favorite ice cream flavor, stuff like that. But I even felt blessed to have simple conversations with her.

"When do you need to get home?"

"I'm not a child anymore, I don't have a curfew." I retorted, feeling a bit offended by this question before I remembered we actually had a curfew in school.

"Yeah but I don't think he'll be quite fond of me if I bring you back home at three in the morning."

"Ohh so you're planning on driving me back home? How sweet of you." I slightly giggled as she amusingly shook her head.

She nevertheless rapidly went back to a serious and concerned tone "How have you slept last night?"

"Ugh... alright."
I clearly wasn't expecting that question to leave her throat.

Having the sense that I hadn't been absolutely truthful, she raised an eyebrow at me, silently telling that she was totally aware it was bullshit.

"Really it's fine, after that many years I can say my body has adapted itself." I explained, not realizing I was giving her more to worry about. She immediately shifted to wrap her arms around my stomach.

"Have you had them since you arrived here? Or even before?"

Wow. She had this thing for always asking the particularly precise question I was avoiding.

I was quickly shared between telling the truth and making her concern for me grow even more or dodge the subject with a subtle lie. But I didn't want to lie to her.

Being the smart woman she was, she came to a conclusion before I could decide what to say.

"You already had them before."
I acquiesced with a nod, making her sigh.

"Only from time to time though."

"When?"

"Uff.. that's not- That's not useful to talk about it."

"But I however would like to." She gently said, before turning my head to hers as she then added "Please."

"Will we talk about your... ex situation?" I asked, secretly knowing something had been wrong with their relationship, according to the few little things she had told me with time.

That totally took her by surprise. But she couldn't deny, knowing if she did I wouldn't talk in return.

"Sure." She murmured, drawing a small fake smile on her face.

Feeling the need to erase that expression from her face I lovingly gave her a kiss, making her face broke into a real grin this time.

After a few seconds she pulled me closer and rested her head on my shoulder, asking me to explain her what she wanted to know.