38 | back to her room

Isabelle's point of view

I thought my mood couldn't drop more when she announced me she would spend the whole day with this blonde, but when I saw them the next day in History giggling in my class, that was honestly the death of me.
I couldn't look at them without literally feel jealousy invade my whole body.
Yup a thirty-three years old woman was jealous of her student. How stupid did it sound?

I needed to admit the harsh truth. I wasn't the one for her. Maybe in another dimension where I would have been her age it could have worked, but not here. Not now.

I did my best to no transmit my pain onto my students but it got me, and the whole day I was snapping at anyone I could snap at.
How professional.
God she just was making me lose everything, I was already to attached to her and I knew how bad it was.
I was acting like a freaking teenager when I was supposed to be the wiser one!

I could tell my behavior was confusing her, but what were we? Nothing, nothing had already begun. So we went back into that phase of me ignoring her. How many times had I already done that? Like a stupid child refusing to talk to her parents until they'll give them the toy they wanted. I had never felt that ashamed and stupid.
I had begun to open up so bad to her, desiring her to know everything about me.
I had been so stupid to think I could ever be enough for this little tornado that came into my life out of nowhere.

Back to Amanda's POV (yh that wasn't long ahah sorry)

Four days had passed. The longest days of my life. I knew what was on her mind even though she refused to talk to me.
She didn't want whatever we could have been.
I wasn't blaming her. She was right.
That just fucking hurt but that was fine.

I managed to -again- stay in my room during the nights, even though my nightmares came back like a devastating storm, and stopped trying to stay after class to talk to her.
That was it, our little « thing » had stopped before it could even begin.
I shouldn't have thought otherwise anyway.

Convincing myself that I was okay, I kept my my mask on and pretended whenever I was with the girls, not wanting them to understand something in me was completely off.

And I was doing good, until that evening, right after the curfew, when I heard her through the thin walls. As I was sitting in front of my desk, finishing some stuff I hadn't done when I was at the lake, I heard her sniff, and then sob.

Even though she tried to muffle the sound, I could clearly hear it.

And in a matter of seconds I was at her door, knocking on it like my life was depending on it.
Maybe something happened to her sister?
Maybe she really really missed her?

I just knew I had to do it. I couldn't let her alone, no matter how awkward it could be knowing we had kissed twice already.
I mean, she had always been there with me during those cold nights, I couldn't act like I didn't give a shit about her. Because I really didn't.

She must have understood it was me, as everyone was supposed to be asleep, because she didn't open the door.

Did she really think that could stop me? Huh.

Without warning I entered, as I knew the doors didn't have bolt.
She was laying on her bed, but immediately jumped out of it, surprised by my behavior.

"W-what are you doing..." She tried to speak but failed as her sobs were getting harder.

"Shh... it's fine." After closing the door, I quickly joined her as she was now standing next to her bed, her beautiful face hidden behind tears.