51 | the unspoken words

Amanda's point of view

I went to bed totally confused. Ashamed of always making Isabelle feel bad, and just not understanding what I should have done to make things any better.
After we accompanied Cathy and met her mother who came to drive her to the hospital, I was just drained. My thoughts were killing me, and not seeing her was also killing me.

I tried to go to her room, but the first time she wasn't there, and then I heard her laugh on the phone. Surely with her sister. I was glad she called, Isabelle needed her.

"Ugh." I groaned, annoyingly kicking my blanket like it had to do with my problems. Poor little thing.

I knew I would have trouble falling asleep tonight so I directly decided to grab my shoes and a coat before heading towards the lake. Feeling the need to have a calm conversation with myself in a refreshing place.

The moon was already high in the sky, hovering me with its luminous yet soft light and immediately offering me a bit of calmness.

A thick curtain of mist was surrounding me, which was kinda creepy and beautiful at the same time. The way it was floating on the water was just as hypnotizing.

You're so weird.

I surely was the only eighteen girl purposely going out in the middle of the night just to stare at the moon.
No actually I'm sure there was a hell lot of other people.

Fortunately no one in this school though, I wasn't ever going to share this pontoon with anyone.

"Hi."

A little yelp escaped my lips and I almost fell over the pontoon, a hand over my chest.

"Shh calm down, it's just me. I won't murder you or anything."

"What the fuck you scared me Isabelle!"

With an almost proud smile, she sat next to me, her knee brushing mine.

"I'm really impressed to see you wearing a coat more often."

"Yeah. Being sick wasn't that fun last time."

"I hope if I get sick because of you you'll take good care of me." She said, looking to me before immediately diverting her eyes, looking like she wanted to take her words back.

"Look... I'm sorry. About that Cathy thing."

Isabelle shook her head before hiding her face between her palms "No it's all on me."

"No I... all of that is new to me. I have no freaking idea of how it works. We can't- we can't avoid conversations, I need you to tell me how you feel and... I'll do my best to not make you wanna punch me in the middle of the classroom."

This time the joke was at the right place, she unexpectedly giggled, turning her head towards mine and allowing the moonlight to stroke her soft skin.

"I wasn't going to punch you."

"Of course not, fortunately you're the smart one."

And a laugh again. The best melody I had ever heard.
It felt like a real blessing to hear that after this strange day.

"Can we take this conversation to my room? I'm freezing." She then asked, now trembling from head to toe.

"Sure."

We quickly made our way back inside and snuck into her room in the most discrete way possible.

"I feel like a ninja." I chuckled once the door was closed.