21 | let our journey begin

This one's short coz I actually had to cut it into half. Sometimes I just lose my shit and write way too many words in one chapter lol.
Might post the second part of this one later, coz I know I don't get to post a lot anymore with school and today I have some free time so...🤷🏻‍♀️

Sooner than I expected we were in the bus heading towards Manchester, where a whole pack of excited puppies were giving me an awful headache. During the previous week I had managed to avoid everyone, Derek, the girls, and Miss Anderson.
Isabelle.

I guess I needed to focus on school, what I originally came here for.

"Okay we're going to arrive to the hotel in a few minutes. We divided you in groups because we're actually scattered on different floors. Please listen to me and follow the teacher you're allocated to." One of the teachers said. There were three of them. Our math, english and history teacher. That was useless to say that I was praying to be in any group except the last one's.

"Emily, Anya, Mia, Abigail, Jade, Lola, Amanda and Catherine will go with Miss Anderson." I didn't even recognized any other name than the two girls, but the real problem was... Miss Anderson.

As soon as we jumped out of the bus -which was needed after hours of hearing them scream-we were quickly leaded towards the hotel were our teachers got the keys and asked us to follow them.

"Alright, Jade, Emily and Catherine... this one." She pointed towards the first room of the corridor. That's only when I realized Catherine was actually Cathy. Silly me. Everybody just called her Cathy now.

It's not like you've seen her glancing at you for the past ten minutes, reminded me my conscience.

"Oh, what about Amanda?" Emily asked making me roll my eyes.

"I'll be fine." I assured them, passing past the three girls as Miss Anderson and the other girls were continuing.
Ignoring their gaze on me I joined the rest of the group before I relaxed, hearing them entering their room.

Soon the three other girls were sent to another room, and I was left alone with Miss Anderson.
It took us some more seconds to join the room as it was at the other end of the corridor.
Facing the door, she stopped and turned to me, a frown on her face.

"Please don't be mad."

"Why?" I snapped at her, already aware I wasn't going to like whatever would follow.

"Your uncle asked me to do it."

"Do what?!" She was really getting on my nerves.

Opening the door and leaving me space to enter she explained with a low voice "We're sharing a room."

Letting my jaw fall to my feet I observed her before replying "... You're fucking kidding me."

"Language." She sighed looking more shameful than anything.

"What did the other teachers said? I can't sleep with a teacher."

"They understood that it was a serious request and..."

"And you agreed? I can't- You know I wake up every single night." I said, interrupting her with anger.

"I know. I do too."
Frowning a second at those words I then shook my head, refusing to enter.

"It won't change anything so go in."

"I won't."

"Amanda please stop it."

"Stop it?! Do I need to remind you you swore I wouldn't sleep with anyone?"

"What I said was that you wouldn't sleep with any of the girls. I just want to keep an eye on you and I'd rather have you in the same room than alone in your own at the other end of the corridor."

Fuck you, I thought really loud, almost saying it but there were limits and I wasn't the type to insult a teacher even though I really wanted to at the moment.
She had planned it for a long time already, I couldn't believe Derek participated to that.

"If you're all ready you can go, see you all in one hour!" We were apparently doing a tour in the city divided in groups with questions to answer to. I was honestly feeling like I was a nine years old doing a treasure hunt but whatever, at least Cathy with whom I've been placed with didn't ask too much questions, and the two other girls from this school looked kinda okay I guess.

"What's your name?" The one with big brown eyes asked as we were randomly leaving the building, following the other groups of students.

"I'm Cathy!"

"Amanda." I completed. So this one was called Jess and I honestly didn't get the other one's who looked bored as hell.
"Alright let's just do this quickly so we could have some free time after."

"Yup I agree."

It turned out to be quite enjoyable, Jess was the funny kind and Cathy was just really sweet. We ended up finishing after forty minutes and decided to go grab something to eat.

As we were sitting on a little water fountain, eating ice cream like little children while Cathy -who was strangely extremely close to me- was telling us stories about her family, I suddenly gasped feeling a really cold thing meeting the bare skin on my shoulder.

"What the heck?" Turning away from the blonde girl, I saw Jess laughing out loud, her ice cream all squashed.

"Sorry thought it was too hot so it could cool you down."
What a weirdo.

"Oh well that's nice of you, your turn." And before she could see me coming I pushed her to the water where she fell with a very loud shout.
"Reminds you of something?" I asked Cathy in reference of her birthday party ending in the pool.

While we were giggling, quite proud of my move, the wet puppy stood up and I honestly got scared for my life.
"Shit she's gonna kill us." Said Cathy, grabbing a hold of my hand before running away.
I think I've never looked that childish, rushing for my life with a dripping girl behind me, but that was cool to feel normal and not have to overthink for once.

I saw her right on time as she was escaping a shop and stopped just before I knocked her down again.
"Wow why are you running like that?" Miss Anderson exclaimed with wide eyes before I saw her glance towards Cathy and I's hands laced together.
Quickly feeling myself moving away from Cathy I turned and pointed towards Jess, coming straight to us.

"Did you push her into the water?" She immediately asked me, not thinking it could have been Cathy -nice-.

"No I didn't... She became wet on her own." I smirked, making her shake her head.

Before we could run away again Jess wrapped her arms around Cathy's thin body making her gasp at how cold the water on her clothes was.
Chuckling at the scene, Miss Anderson and I kept watching, not realizing I was next.
When she began walking to me with arms opened our teacher suddenly stepped in between us.

"Alright enough games the others are surely waiting for us."

With a triumphant grin I followed her, eyeing both of them being wet now.
That treasure hunt was quite funny after all.