56 | p a r i s

"You can still refuse if you want to. Come back home with me." nervously joked my uncle, not feeling too good about letting me go away for that long.

"You know I need to go."

He gave me a slight nod in agreement. "I know. Please give me a call whenever you feel the need to."
I knew that secretly meant « call me every freaking day or I'll get mad. » but the fact that he turned this in another way was kinda amusing.

"I will Derek." I smiled, hiding my own nervousness and wrapping my arms around him, not giving a shit about the fact that we were in front of the crowded school, in the middle of other students that seemed to find outrageous to hug their parents here.

"You'll like Paris." He sincerely stated, taping my back in the way I had grown to appreciate.

A voice I knew too well suddenly broke our embrace in long distance "Good morning everybody! We're ready to go, please say your goodbyes and get in the bus quickly!"

There she was, staying too many feet away from me, a bright smile on her lips. That image immediately brought a huge grin on my face as I knew she was then scanning the crowd only to lock gaze with me for a second before she turned away.

"You've heard her." I said, turning back to my uncle, realizing it was the first time I had to say goodbye to him.
All those years I had learned to live with him. He had such a special place in my heart, I mean he basically was my whole family.
And even though he came into my life late, I'd never felt angry at him for not arriving sooner. He couldn't anyways, because his brother never informed him he had made a baby.

Feeling the need to hug him again, I tightly squeezed him between my arms one last time.

"I'm gonna miss you so much."

"I kinda will too." He playfully replied, making me grin harder.
"Enjoy your time with your girlfriend in this... ville de l'amour. (city of love)" He giggled, taking me by surprise.

"Eh I didn't even tell you if she was included in the trip or not." I retorted, making him shake his head.

"I know she is. Please be careful."

"Careful? About what? Do you think I'll get murdered in the middle of a street with her?" I laughed.

"I was talking about... you know if you too decide to have s-..."

"WOW OKAY! Don't ever try to finish that sentence." I loudly exclaimed, earning a few amused glances from the people around.

Ew, what would he think about that?

"Well enjoy your time with Ava as well. You better keep it in the bedroom, I swear if you do anything gross in other parts of the house I'll go live in the streets." Was I rambling and teasing him to hide the fact that I could literally feel my cheeks burn? Absolutely. At that moment a part of me hated him for bringing up that subject. I really hoped he would never do it ever again.

"Since when are we talking about my sex life?"

"Ugh I think you started it." I said with a raised eyebrow.

A quick glance around me allowed me to understand it really was time for me to leave him.

"Well at least I know you won't eat pizzas everyday, the poor woman will take care of you." I winked.
"Okay, I really need to go. Take care, bye."

"Bye, have fun! And call me!"

I loudly acquiesced, slightly rolling my eyes at him while making my way to the bus.
Fortunately I wasn't the last one to join the baggage hold. But as I was struggling to put mine in, someone suddenly met my side, careful not to be too close.