31 | can you hear my heart beating for you?

hi!!
Be ready, that's a really long update ahah, I didn't feel like cutting it into two chapters coz it would have been weird.
I also wanted to say that it might take me some time to update coz uni is killing me lmao. Anyway, hope u'll like it! And thank u SO much, we hit 3k reads I'm REALLY shocked!!💛

The next morning she was -again- the first thing that came to my mind when I woke up, leaving me even more confused about her and me as teacher and student. I mean she gave me her sweater, wasn't it weird? Not that I was complaining, I was really addicted to that sunflower scent, but still...
Did she do that with other student? Was it only a thing to make me open up to her for good? I just didn't have any clue, nothing made sense to me.

I found myself longing to see her in class, but I somehow was horribly afraid to meet her at the same time.
Did she realize I could have kissed her when she missed my cheek? It was going to be so awkward. I had this thing for creating awfully awkward moments out of every situation lmao - I- that's not funny at all, I'm just trying to lighten my mind or I feel like it will explode-
Will you stop being so nervous? I lectured myself, trying my very best to keep a poker face in society or everybody would just think I'm crazy.

When the hour finally came, I managed to not come first in her class, but not last either. Everything to not attract her attention on me.
Nevertheless when I sat up after making my way through the class without looking at her, I met her gaze as she was slightly grinning.
I immediately gave her a smile back without thinking but she quickly averted her eyes, an almost imperceptible pink tint on the top of her cheeks. Frowning slightly, I allowed myself to stare at her as she quickly began the class, not looking at me once again.

At some point, we were all amused to see her grab papers again to create a manual ventilator for herself. It wasn't even hot, that's why we all chuckled. But my smile quickly disappeared when something came to my mind.

Maybe she caught a cold because of you.

Not finding a good reason to stay behind and actually talk to her as the hour had reached its end, I began to walk out of the classroom with every other student, forcing myself not to look back. But of course I did, duh, no self control.

She looked hugely focused on something. Following her eyes, I soon realized they were directing to somewhere on my back. Suddenly feeling extremely self conscious, I uncontrollably rubbed my back and tugged on my skirt, making her coming out of her zoning session.
Was my skirt too short?
Oh my God she's totally judging me, that's bad, I mentally freaked out before understanding that I had a tiny piece of paper that must have glued to my ass when I sat on the chair.

"Oh." I whispered, happily surprised before throwing it into the class bin.
Immediately, my teacher's gaze diverted from me -AGAIN- as she was still looking a bit reddish.
Knowing that I would later regret not going to her at that very moment, I walked towards her desk, a shy smile on display.

"Eh are you alright?" I said, doing my best to hide my nervousness.

She quickly glanced up to me, looking a hell lot agitated. "Y-yeah it's just really hot in here, isn't it?"
That made me chuckle because it obviously wasn't but she definitely wasn't lying, she looked hot. Not in a flirtatious way I promise.

"Did you catch a cold?" I asked, concerned about her health.

"No no I'm good, I just... need fresh air. I'm dying inside."

"Do you have class right now?" I then questioned, looking behind me to see if students were waiting at the door.

When I looked back at her she just shook her head quickly.
Anxious, I repeated my question a few times in my head, verifying it wasn't too weird before actually asking it.
"Do you wanna go on a walk then?"