43 | delivery girl

You freaking need to tell her.
She needs to hear it.

So after taking a deep inhalation, I pushed the words out of my mouth, not questioning them for once.

"Isabelle I'm tired of this. I just-.... I really like you, alright? I really freaking like you. And I'm sorry it took me so much time to admit it but... please don't close the doors now."

Oof.
That was it.

Why was she silent?

Please talk.

Isabelle please, I mentally prayed, eyeing her surprised expression.
No word left her mouth, so I was forced to continue, taking it to my advantage now that she was listening to me.

"I know you have a low opinion of yourself. But you have to believe me when I say that you're the only person that make me wanna get up every single day, the only person I constantly have in mind. I- I have never felt that... happy than when I'm with you. And that's what scared me to the bones, because the only people I had loved left me. And... I know what happened to you broke your heart as well. I just... wanna be there for you. To make you love yourself again, and to show you just how perfect you are."

At this point my eyes were watery and my hands were shaking too much for me to hide it.

There was no turning back now.

But I knew I couldn't keep those feelings for myself anymore, because I was observing her drifting away and that was unbearable.
That feeling was killing me.

Slowly, a smile appeared on her face. And in the following second her hand raised to cup my cheek in this gentle way of hers.

I saw her struggle to find the right words, as I leant my face on her palm, doing my best to NOT CRY AGAIN.
But when I witnessed her eyes beginning to be hidden behind a curtain of mist, a frown appeared on my face and I left the warmth of her hand only to take it in mine, holding it tight.

"C-can I kiss you?" I heard myself ask, not able to handle it if she'd back away now.

That question was apparently funny because she giggled, bringing up the light on the world with a simple movement.

But she nevertheless nodded in order to allow me to do so. So I did. Without wasting a single second I bent over our seats and locked my lips with hers.
I was more nervous than the previous time, which was weird. But I was the one initiating it this time, maybe that was the reason.

Only seconds after, she chuckled again.
Her mesmerizing eyes were even more watery now, which was contrasting with her growing laugh.

"I don't even know if you're crying or laughing." I said, being my confused self.
That caused her to giggle even more. And a tear rolled down her cheek, which she immediately wiped with her finger before leaning towards me, resting her palm on the back of my neck.

"Sorry, you're just too adorable."

We remained still for a few seconds, and I wondered what would happen after.
So guess what? The stupid Amanda talked again, asking: "Can we do it again though?"

New laughter erupted again from her, before she eagerly nod, mumbling a low « please » before closing the space between us.
For the fourth time I felt this firework exploding in my mind and soul. Yes I was counting.

She slowly moved her lips against mine, creating a sensual waltz I could do all day long even though I was still learning to do it properly.

My mind just couldn't stop repeating how happy I was, how for once I really was at the right place.
It never felt so right.