66 | france isn't france without croissants

Isabelle's point of view

"Please don't drink too much." I repeated to Amanda in a low tone filled with concern while I was checking her phone battery to make sure she could call me if she ever needed to.

Her head reactively shook form left to right, making her slightly curled blonde hair dance around her face.
"I won't."

"You're really stunning." I sincerely complimented her look, earning a small pout and a quick peck so she wouldn't mess up her lipstick.

"I don't wanna go actually."

"You're not forced to stay until like three in the morning but I really want you to try to have fun. The following weeks will be much more stressful."

The end of this trip was slowly coming and so were those exams they had to pass to receive a diploma to attest they had reached a certain level in multiple subjects.
She, at least had a huge facility with the French ones, which wouldn't stop her from stressing out though.

"Right." She mumbled, her hands sneaking their way to my hips as if she wanted to find motivation in my body.

Knowing she wouldn't go if I didn't push her out of the room I left a quick kiss on her coated lips and opened the door, wishing her a good evening and actually knowing she would end up enjoying it and wouldn't be back anytime soon.

Remembering of one of my weekly tasks I quickly called my most recent number after her. Unfortunately I directly arrived on his answering machine.

"Good evening, it's Miss Anderson. Amanda's gone with some of her friends at a party hosted by this French guy she met. The girls are free to do whatever they want during the weekends so I don't know when they'll be back, I'll wait for them though, I have some work to do. Other than that she is perfectly fine and I actually think she truly enjoys her time here, she's absolutely radiant. I won't bother you much longer, have a good night, goodbye. "

The silence then invaded the room, making me wonder about her reaction when she'll eventually find out what I had been doing. That's surely something I would hear about for weeks and weeks.

Gathering my hair in a small messy bun just so I could get them out of my face I went back to work, going through papers my french and english students had given me under my demands.

As always the time flew out of the window as I was deeply focused on everything I was doing, refusing to let my thoughts wander back to my girlfriend, at least not too many times because let's face the reality, it was deeply impossible not to.

When the door that I had left open for some obvious reasons suddenly creaked like it sometimes did I thought it was her, but I found a rather young guy standing there as dumbfounded to see me here as I was.

"Oh.. j'suis désolé madame j'croyais que c'était ma chambre." He said, looking up to the number written on the deep blue door, his hand still on the handle.

I managed to create a correct answer, but that apparently immediately gave away the fact that I was English.
He easily switched to my mother tongue, making me relax in my chair.
I was also learning french, just like all my students but my level was far from being as good.

"I'm sorry ma'am, I just arrived and I thought that was my room. I'm actually next door. I think." He spoke, his thin body full of vivacity and nervousness.

"It's absolutely fine, I should've locked my
door." I smiled at him, standing up so I could properly exchange with him a quick and polite handshake.
"My name's Isabelle."