65 | late nights under the shimmering light

*super freaking long chapter to apologize for not updating for ages*

*if someone's still actually reading this, thank you for bearing with me*

Amanda's point of view

A few days had passed since the end of our first week here, the one that changed everything for all of us. And whenever I would lay down, letting my muscles relax against her warm body I felt like I would never have the strength to stand up ever again.

Today had been an even more tiring day as I had spent hours conversing with Sarah during my free time.
I could still feel this uneasiness in my heart when I heard her voice again, perfectly aware that this was a conversation we needed to have even though I truly didn't want to.

The first twenty minutes she sounded weird and almost ashamed, but I ended up finding the joyful Sarah who appeared in the memories I cherished.

Isabelle and I were now silently watching the shimmering light of the Eiffel tower through the window while peacefully laying back in our bed, appreciating how soothing it was to see all those little shining stars, like an early Christmas tree.

"Does she really like you though?" Isabelle once questioned, her voice being as gentle as a breeze yet a hint of anxiety could be noticed.

I slowly shook my head, eyes fixed on the hypnotizing view in front of us.

The long and sincere conversation I had with the person who used to be my best friend was actually more beneficial for the both of us than I thought it would be.

"She liked the girl I used to be. We both have grown and changed so much since that time. And I think she realized it during our call. We're basically strangers now." I murmured, too lazy to speak louder.
She was right next to me anyways so why would I bother to speak louder?

"But maybe she'd like to go back to being best friends one day, maybe even more."

A frown on my face, I turned around in the bed, now laying on my stomach so I could see her.

"I told her I was with someone anyways."

Her expression immediately changed towards a surprised one that she tried to hide with a smile on her face.

Sarah would remain in the closet for now, she was too scared of telling her parents that she was utterly gay. But she'll end up doing it when she'll find someone, because I knew she would.
But I wouldn't be that someone, and she understood it.

I was the first person she ever opened to concerning this subject and I could feel the relief in her tone as every words had been coming out in waves earlier that day, and I was more than happy to know I may have helped her in some ways.

I didn't know what was happening in Isabelle's head at that moment, but she didn't utter a word for quite a while, just staring back at me, sometimes pushing some strands of my hair away in a soft manner.
Maybe she was just appreciating the last minutes of this incredible day, when we felt free and powerful.

For once I had no other option than stop overthinking about everything and just accept the fact that she wanted me.
And I wanted her.

Why did I always tend to make things more complicated than they were?

"Isabelle?" I suddenly whispered.

"Yes love."

For some reasons those crazy butterflies exploding in my tummy, this feeling I always got near her came back at this simple action. Maybe it was the way a smirk had appeared on her face when her eyes met mine, or how her fingers never stopped drawing random patterns on my naked arm. Surely a mix of all of that actually.