15 | the party

I was laying in bed, Ozzie asleep on my lap, trying to organize my thoughts. But I was even more confused after thinking about it for a full afternoon.

Suddenly a knock made our dog jump onto a 'ready to attack' position, literally walking on me without shame.

"Yeah?" I croaked making me frown at my own voice.
Derek appeared at my now opened door a weird expression on his face.

Resting my weight on my elbows I stoop up as far as I could with this thing pushing me down to the mattress.

"Is something wrong Derek?"

"Well... Ava just called me to ask if I wanted to go to the cinema tonight."

My smile almost disappeared but I forced its way back on my face. "What are you still doing here then?"

"I..."

"I'm not your mom Derek you don't have to ask me to go out. Please go and have fun."
He stood still for a second.

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely." I said, moving Ozzie out of my lap so I could actually sit.

"Okay. I'll go get ready then."
My gaze followed his back until he disappeared.
You can't be mad at him for God's sake.
You already took nine years of his life, he needed to live again without you at every corner.

Quickly grabbing my phone I clicked on this number I had entered weeks ago but never used.

"Amanda?" Emily asked, clearly surprised.

"Hi. I'd like to come tonight, do you think Cathy would mind?"

She stayed silent for a second before literally making my ear bleed. I could tell there was Jade in the background too. The two of them were shouting so loud that Ozzie left the room, surely already annoyed by that much noice.

"Are you kidding?"

"No-" I was quickly interrupted by the most excited puppy of all time.

"She wouldn't mind because she fucking has a crush on you!"

My face broke into a smile when I heard a smack and Emily muttering to stop shouting when she couldn't contain herself her own excitement.

"Alright text me the address I'm gonna buy her a gift."

"Huh Cathy is going to die."
"No need, your presence will be the best gift she could ever asked for." At some point I was surprised to understand what they were saying as they decided to talk in the same time.
Rolling my eyes with a smirk I pulled my phone back into my jeans pocket and left my room.

"Derek? Can I go out tonight?"

His figure quickly appeared as he had a new shirt on, more chic, raising an eyebrow at me like it was the weirdest thing I could ask. Well it was the weirdest thing I had asked in nine years.

"What? Where? With who?" He said, asking all the questions that crossed his mind.

"This is Jade roommate's birthday. I'm with her in poetry."

"Oh. And... both girls will be there?"

"Yeah. Is that okay?"

"Huh... sure." he answered at lost of words.

"Okay I need to go out real quick. I'll see you before you head out!"
To be honest he had all the rights to think I was bipolar. I totally was.