13 | it's okay.

Soon enough I was back in the classroom with now two persons to avoid. Cathy and Miss Anderson.
While my mind was screaming 'awkward' forcing me to shake my head, our teacher suddenly told us she was giving back our poems.
Oh I totally forgot about this one.
Honestly I wasn't expecting an amazing grade, she said it was correct. But let's hope she won't do stupid themes like that again or I'll end up failing this class.

Like last time she personally gave us our copy back so students won't be able to see what the other wrote.
I did my best to glance up at her as my paper flew to my desk, mumbling a thank you but I really wasn't able to hold her gaze. That was even worse than before.

I got a C, quite humiliating but damn what was I supposed to write on family?
I couldn't talk about my mom -obviously- nor about Derek, that was just too personal.
To be honest I was pretty pissed about that grade so each time she glanced at me I clearly avoided her gaze and left the classroom in the first ones even though I was sitting in the middle of the classroom.
Maybe I was childish, but I couldn't have her making me fail when all I did my best in every subjects.

"Oww... did something happened?" Asked Emily, stopping me in the middle of the crowded corridor where I absolutely haven't seen her.

"Got a bad grade." I sighed rolling my eyes.
"Where's Jade?" I then said, not wanting to talk about that subject anymore.

"She's waiting for me outside, we're gonna find something cute to wear at Cathy's birthday. Are you coming?"

"Nope."

"C'mon that will be fun."

"I've got homework. How are you going there anyway?"

"There's a bus. You're sure you don't want to come? We may spend the whole rest of the day there."

"One hundred percent sure, go."

"Alright, see ya." She finally said, winking playfully at me before walking away. I followed her brunette head stick out of the crowd as she was taller than most of the students until she totally disappeared.
I then headed towards my spot, already in the mood to work even harder to make me feel better after Miss Anderson's grade.

Hours flew away as I was fully focused on my homework, when I looked up again I realized how dark the sky had become. My friend -the sun- was beginning to walk away, turning on me without looking back.

Stop being dramatic.

With a sigh I quickly ended up what I was working on and called it a day.
I didn't think the girls were back yet otherwise they would have already showed me what they got, so I silently headed to my room, crossing some students' path on my way there.
As my feet were directing me inside this maze, I stretched, feeling my back hurt a bit like everytime I stayed too long sitting on the pontoon. But I still enjoyed spending my time outside.

As I reached my door I couldn't stop myself from observing the light coming through the closed door of my teacher's bedroom.
Last time she said seeing me by her window.
Did she glanced toward outside during the afternoon, seeing me there doing my homework?

Shaking my head lightly to refrain myself from always thinking about her, I entered my room.
But as soon as the door was closed my eyes met this little piece of paper on the ground, only inches away from my feet.

Leaving my bag on the floor, I hunkered to grab the folded paper, unfolding it quietly letting a little handwritten text appear.

It's okay to feel it all.
It's okay to feel it half.
Or nothing, nothing at all.
The moon isn't always full.