37 | lucky charms

"Oh my god something happened." Exclaimed Em', almost choking on her cereals, surely referring to my sudden smile as I was occupied thinking of what happened the night before.

"What? No, no. Stop it."

"You thought I wouldn't see that bright smile on your face?! C'mon you need to tell me Amanda!"

"No I swear nothing happened. Am I not allowed to smile without a reason?"

"Bullshit." She said, splashing me with some of the milk resting into her spoon.

"Ew Emily!"
Knowing she would do it again, I quickly leant over the table on the aim to take it from her.

As we were now loudly laughing, fighting to know who would finally take it, two figures I hadn't seen in a while suddenly came out of nowhere.

"Hi guys, sorry to interrupt."
Jade and Cathy were standing there, a nervous expression on their face.

I couldn't fight against the little "Oh." leaving my throat as I sat on my chair again.

"Amanda I know I fucked up, and you've been avoiding me so much that I didn't get the opportunity to apologize. I'm really sorry and believe me I'm really ashamed of my behavior but... I'd like it if we could stay friends. If you agree."

"Plus I really miss the both of you, this little fight is killing me." added Jade, showing us her well-known pout.

Every looks turned to me and I suddenly felt oppressed. When she saw my hesitation, Cathy quickly said "Let's just forget all about it, let's go back to how it was before. I honestly don't know what came over me that day, I was just feeling really bad and lonely to be honest."

I mean, she looked really bad for what she had done, and I really enjoyed having her as a friend before all this shit.

My sudden happiness was surely playing on that decision but whatever.
After a few more silent seconds, I nodded, making everyone cheer out of excitement.

As both girls were joining us at the table, Emily gave me a look I quite didn't get. For once I was the one she was having silent conversation with, but I was too dumb to actually understand.

Saying I was shaking when I entered her room was far away from the reality. It was actually hard to just walk and not faint at the door when I saw her standing next to her desk, in a cute white dress, her hair bouncing over her almost naked shoulders.
My heart.
It's not working.
Help.

A lot of thoughts went through my mind when our gazes locked, and I had to refrain myself really hard from shouting how gorgeous she looked.
Had she done it on purpose?
I mean c'mon, she's allowed to dress for her own eyes, that's what she said that day at the café.

"Amanda, you're staring." Murmured Emily, literally pulling me to my desk as I realized I had stopped in the middle of the room to admire her.

Isabelle's red lips created a huge smile when she saw my weird reaction and she tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear before going back to greeting students as they were continuing to arrive.

"Oh my god it's like watching a tv show but way better. That's exciting." Exclaimed Em' in a not-so-low whisper.

"Oh shut up. How many times do I need to tell you that nothing happened?" I replied, getting out of my trance.