5 | inside out

"Happy to see you're still alive buddy." answered my uncle with an ironic chuckle.

"Are y-I called sunday and texted yesterday!"

His laugh echoed through the phone, putting a small smile on my face.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine." I lied. "What about you?"

"The subject isn't me right now, I wanna know how were your classes. And how was it with the girls you met?"

A sigh left my lips as I looked up to the sky above me. The sun had decided to go away depriving me from his light and warmth.
As we were literally in the middle of nowhere, all we could see outside were trees extending as far as the eye could see.
It was weird how perfect it matches with my mood.

"Classes are absolutely fantastic. I already love this school." That wasn't truly false.

Hearing this same sound coming from his lips again I frowned.
"Why are you laughing at me Derek?"

"Because you're the only person I know who loves school that much. But that's not bad at all, I'm... happy that you enjoy it there."

"Well for your record, you don't know many people."

"Right. Maybe I should socialize with your cute teacher." I couldn't hold a groan hearing her name coming into the conversation.

"What?"

"Nothing. I just don't want you to actually date my teacher." True. But that wasn't what really was on my mind.

".. What happened?" Damn, he knew me too well.

I remained quiet for a while, focusing on the wind caressing nicely my body.
I knew he wouldn't let me go without telling him.

"She surprised me leaving my room yesterday night." I didn't have to add the reason why I did such things, he just immediately knew.

"You know what? I'll give her a call to say she just have to let you go out without question."

"What? Oh my... No! Don't you dare speak to her." I quickly replied.
"Really I can handle it. She won't see me again."

"She'll hear you anyway. That's her job to know when students sneak out of their room."

"Uh no her job is to teach." Drop the snappy tone now Amanda.
"Listen, I don't know what you told Miss White to convince her -and I honestly didn't want to know. I believed him when he said he didn't talked about my nightmares or my mother.- but one person almost knowing it is already too much."

We both remained silent for a few seconds while my feet were randomly dragging me around school.

"Alright" he ended up agreeing.

Thank God. I already had a lot to think about, I didn't want to add crazy teacher always worrying about me and wanting to intrude my personal space.

"Now what about you? How's work?"

"With or without details?"

"C'mon Derek, I'm only here for the gossip. Did Clara and Morgan argue again? Last time was quite funny."

As he was telling me all over his life -just how I liked it.- and the last things I missed, I realized I was now standing on a pontoon in front of a little lake. Wow.

Even in the light mist of England it was gorgeous. The water was the perfect shade of blue, I could see some fishes dancing in it creating colorful sparkles all over the place. It felt like a totally other place, I wasn't in school anymore. Everything was so calm and pure.