32 | our comfortable silence

Days passed slowly, and I somehow found myself wanting to look good every single day, even when I didn't have her in class. Just seeing her in the corridor was making my days better and I was tired of questioning it. My nightmares, well they were still very present but it was manageable, I didn't even have to go out every night, which was a good sign.
But this night I did, because whenever I think I was getting better, she came back like a storm, knocking me down.

It had been quite a long time since I thought, or dreamt about the court scene.
Kicking my blankets with my legs covered by black leggings, I loudly groaned, almost slapping myself while all I wanted was to dry my cheeks, but my anger had taken control of my body.

After swearing numerous time, I quickly stepped out of my bed.

For some unknown reasons, instead of making my way through the long corridor like I had the habit to do, I unconsciously stopped in front of her door, wondering if she was awake.
After a few seconds of staring blankly, I shook my head and began to walk away. Only to be interrupted by her sweet voice calling my name a few seconds later.

"Wait." She whispered loud enough for me to hear it, as she was already closing her door, her hair falling out of a very messy bun.
I quietly watched her join me, a spare sweater on her hands.
With a concerned look on her face, she quickly tried to brush her fingers on my cheeks on the aim to dry my tears but I unconsciously pulled away, making her frown.

"Walk?" She then simply asked like it was an habit we had taken together.

I only replied with a nod before we were both stopped, as Cathy suddenly appeared, yawning loudly. When she saw us she immediately stopped, staying quiet for a bit as she was just eyeing the weird situation in front of her.

Using a really different facial expression, Isabelle quickly questioned "What are you doing here?"

Her hair going all crazy around her face and her eyes looking sleepy, she answered "Huh... just going to the restroom. Are you okay Amanda?"

Diverting my eyes from her, I crossed my arms not refraining the snappy tone to come out of my mouth. We hadn't talked since then and I honestly had too much to think about to add this problem to my life.
"I'm fine."
She clearly didn't look convinced because she decided to insist.

"Are you sure?"

"She told you she's fine, do what you have to do quickly and go back to your room, it's late."
My attention immediately flew to our teacher, wondering why she had used that bitchy tone with her.

"Alright." The poor girl replied, before taking another direction than ours.

"Do you have something against her?" I finally asked, remarking how she was now avoiding my gaze.

"No." Well maybe that was just against me. Of course I was annoying her by waking her up every single night.

Not knowing what to answer to that, I remained quiet until we reached the freezing air of the dark night.

"Oh fuck it's cold tonight." Isabelle whispered, creating a light cloud of smoke out of her lips.

Still quiet, I closed my eyes for a bit, fully allowing the air to invade my lungs.

"It has been a while since you had to get out of your room." I heard her say in a low voice, not showing anymore hint of annoyance like seconds ago.

Slightly nodding I glanced back at her, wondering what happened in her mind to go from concerned to bitchy, then to concerned again.

Her lips created a small grin, almost not visible. But I found myself returning the smile.