28 | the taste of her lips

I thought falling asleep next to her was the best feeling I could ever have. But that was nothing compared to waking up by her side. The gentle sunlight was brushing one side of her face as strands of her hazel hair were going all crazy. I had to fight really really hard to not replace them again.

She looked so peaceful. I honestly thought she was too good for our planet. And it should have make me self-conscious to stare at such beauty in one body, but I was just mesmerized by her.
Every single detail about her was perfect.

A few minutes later, after hearing her alarm go off three times, maybe four actually, she finally opened her eyes, meeting mine immediately.

"Hey." she greeted me still mostly asleep. Nonetheless it warmed my whole body to see her smile, that was a genuine smile, and maybe she wasn't to grossed out to see my face the second she woke up, reminding her we slept in the same bed.
I was afraid she would back away, realizing she was still my teacher and didn't want to be something else, Isabelle, just Isabelle, but she didn't.

"Bonjour Isabelle." I don't know what came over me at that very moment. I never used my mother tongue anymore, but I just felt the need to see her smile again. And it worked, a huge grin was on display on her face as she now had really opened eyes.
Maybe deep down I wanted to be the one making her smile for the rest of our lives. Knowing she could make me smile too.

"Hey." She answered, forgetting she already said the exact same word only seconds ago.

We both remained quiet for a bit, starting a staring contest before her forehead creased with a frown like it did a lot around me.
"How did you sleep?... Please don't tell me you skipped sleep again."

That's when I realized I didn't have any nightmare. I hadn't seen my mother in my dreams. That's was the first time it happened. Well also when I was drunk but that's explainable.
That was thanks to her.
How could she manage to erase my nightmares just by sleeping next to me?

Observing my face, she frowned even more, whispering my name but I was soon out of the bed, going as far away from her as the room could allow me, being totally scared of the power she could hold over me. I didn't want that. I was trying to get rid of my mothers, not to find myself stucked in another one.

"Amanda, what's wrong?"

Even though I wasn't facing her, I knew she was going out of bed and coming to me.
Fortunately, someone then knocked on the door, stopping her from joining me, instead she released a sigh and went to open the door.
That's only when I heard Jade's terrified voice that I turned towards them.

"I-I don't know what happened we were getting up and... Emily couldn't wake up and when she finally did she tried to stand up and... and then she fell..."

"What?!" I exclaimed, quickly meeting the both of them at the door.

"She's unconscious." Jade released, hardly breathing.

Reacting quicker than ever, Isabelle left the room, running after ordering "Amanda call the emergency!"

In a matter of second I was running down the corridor, the phone glued to my ear.
When I arrived the girls room they were all bending over an unconscious body.

"Oh my god." I whispered while our teacher was telling us to back away on the aim to give her some air.

Soon I was talking with a calm man's voice, assuring me they were on their way. Maybe ten minutes later we were all going to the hospital. Jade's went into the ambulance with Em', while Isabelle called a cab to drove Cathy and I to the place.