33 | surely a date

Trying to suppress the voice inside of me asking why I had put so much effort in my appearance was nearly impossible. Just as much as trying to stop myself from jumping from one foot to another as I was patiently waiting at the entrance of the park, constantly replacing my hair flying in my face because of the wind.

She arrived right on time in a grey car and I swear I felt my heartbeat go all crazy when she approached me, joyfully grinning.
Her hair was also flying all over the place and I remarked that she was wearing a dress under her long coat, showing a small part of her legs.
Ow. Gorgeous.
Did I just reacted like Derek did when he first saw her? Ew gross.

"Hey!" she greeted me. I could only reply with a smile, not able to talk.
Soon -too soon- her attention diverted from me to go on Ozzie who was already asking for strokes, his tail rapidly thrashing the air out of excitement.

C'mon you can share Buddy.

"Oh my god heyyy, look at you! You're adorable." She exclaimed, kneeling in front of the dog.

"Careful, he likes to use his tongue."
Oh. That came out so wrong.
« He likes to use his tongue », what a nice way to say it you dumbass.

My face literally became red when she glanced a me, a smirk on her face.

She continued to pet him for a while, and I stood there quietly, wondering what the fuck I was doing here.

"Okay, let's go?" She finally questioned, joining back my level.
Giving her a nod, we entered the park where I freed Ozzie from his leash.
He immediately began to run all over the place, making the both of us giggle.

"So, how's your weekend going so far?" She said in a very light tone.

Will you stop trembling for God's sake?

"Hum... alright I guess. Yours?"

"It's fine. I definitely needed that walk, I've been locked up all day."

"Grading?"
She answered by a nod, hiding her hands in her pockets to protect them from the coldness. As I was observing her, I quickly remarked the little tip of her nose taking a pinker tint because of it.

"Are you cold?"

"Don't worry, I'm fine." Isabelle replied, giving me a killing side eyed look. "I'm actually surprised to see you wearing a coat."

Kindly grinning at her, I averted my eyes, following Ozzie's happy pace.

"Is your uncle there already?"

"Yeah they landed in the night."

"When will he come back?"

"Ugh maybe on Monday, I don't know."

"How's Emily by the way?"

"Oh well, she definitely not sick anymore." I recalled every time she had shouted, alerting her auntie.

You know what's sad, her parents only came once to say hi real quick, they weren't in the slightest concerned about their daughter.

A weird silence began, making me wonder why we couldn't find something to say when she usually had a tons of questions.
The next following minutes we spent our time glancing to each other, sometimes catching the other, making us grin nervously. At least I was.

I could try to ignore all those thoughts, but they were too strong now.
Those butterflies in my tummy. My cheeks taking a darker color whenever she smiled at me.
There was definitely something weird about the situation, nevertheless I never wanted it to end.