Chapter 2 ~ Goodbye for now

I wake up the next day still exhausted and very hungry. I walk to my door and phase through it, feeling too lazy to reach for the handle.

"What the fuck!" I look down the hall to see Tony Stark looking like he'd seen a ghost. "Since when could you walk through shit?"

"It's called phasing and I mastered it a few months ago," I mumble, still half asleep.

"You're on some Danny Phantom type shit." He says, making me chuckle as I wipe the sleep out of my eyes.

I walk into the empty living room, looking around. Today is the day Steve and I move to D.C. and Thor leaves for Asgard today too. I'm gonna miss all of us together.

Steve comes up and gives me a hug from behind. "Morning sweetheart." He kisses my forehead. "You excited about moving to D.C.?"

"Kind of. I don't want to transfer schools and leave Roy by himself."

"You don't have to transfer schools if you don't want to. If you want to run from D.C. to New York every day to go to school then be my guest." Steve lets go of me and makes his way towards the kitchen. "What do you want for breakfast?"

"Chocolate chip waffles would be nice," I reply.

"On it!"

I plop on the couch, getting comfy. I turn on the Sherlock series while I wait for the waffles. I start to fall asleep within the first three minutes.

"WAKE UP!" Clint frickin' Barton yells as he claps some pans together in my ear.

My eyes shoot open as I jump, falling off the couch. I doze off for a minute and this is what happens.

"What the hell Clint!" I look up at him from where I am on the floor.

He burst out laughing. Tony, Bruce, Natasha, and Thor walk into the room, seeing the situation.

Tony pats Clint on the shoulder as he snickers. "Nice one Barton."

"Oh I definitely won't miss these stupid little pranks, that's for sure," I say as Thor comes over and helps me up.

"Neither will I," Thor says.

"What did he do to you?" I furrow my brows.

"He put pink hair dye in my shampoo." Thor mumbles.

I snicker. "Is that why you wore a scarf around your head for a whole week?" Thor nods.

Steve walks back into the room. "Waffles are ready."

"Alright. Let's dig in, I'm starving."

The team makes their way to the dining room. I sit at the table between Clint and Steve as I eat the stack of waffles Steve prepared for me.

"This is the last meal we'll eat together for a while," Natasha says.

"I'm gonna miss you guys. No matter how much you annoy me." Bruce says.

"Agreed," I say, glaring at Clint. He snickers.

I finish eating my food before anyone else, of course. I look at Clint's plate and smirk. I quickly take his plate, eating his waffle, before placing it back down within seconds. When Clint looks down again he sees an empty plate.

"What the—" He looks at me as I swallow the last bit of it.

"That's what you get for waking me up like that," I smirk.

"I'm definitely not going to miss you stealing my food." Clint glares.

Once everyone is done eating, it's time to say goodbye to Thor. We go to the roof of the tower to say our goodbyes.

"I'm gonna miss you Thor," I say as I hug him.

"I'm gonna miss you too Lady (Y/n). Be good for Steve." He says as we pull away.

"Always."

Thor says goodbye to everyone else before he disappears into the sky.

"I guess it's time for us to go too," Steve says.

I look at all of them, giving them a sad smile. "Bring it in." We gather into a group hug.

"Have fun in D.C." Tony messes up my hair.

"What are you guys gonna do while we're gone?" I ask.

"I'm gonna spend some quality time with Pepper." Tony answers.

Bruce shrugs, "Probably work on some experiments."

"Fury will probably have missions for me to go on." Clint answers.

I turn to Natasha. "Nat?"

"I'm going to D.C. with you guys." She answers.

"Really?! Awesome!"

"You packed everything?" Steve asks.

"Hold on." I run to my room, putting my clothes in my suitcases and my belongings in boxes. I run back up to the roof, it was like I never left. "Alright. I'm good."

He chuckles. "Let's get going shall we."

With the help of Natasha, Tony, Clint, and Bruce we moved our belongings into a moving truck and were off to Washington D.C.

This chapter was very short, but CA: TWS starts next!