Chapter 19 ~ I found it

Year: 2015

"I'm gonna fucking shoot myself in the head," I mutter as I slam my head onto my laptop.

I've been on the lookout for Loki's scepter, Rumlow, who apparently escaped from the hospital, and Bucky for months and still have nothing. That last one is on me though since I let him walk away. My main priority is Loki's scepter though. Whatever information I get on Bucky, I give to Sam so he can investigate and as for Rumlow, I still have no leads.

Roy looks at me. "Are you okay?" He asks concernedly.

"No," I say with my head still on the laptop, lightly banging my head on it repeatedly.

"What's up?" He comes behind me, putting his hands on my arms and his head on my shoulder. He rubs my arms reassuringly.

"I've been going through the leaked SHIELD and HYDRA info for months on the lookout for Loki's scepter and Bucky, Dad's friend that supposedly died. I told you about that, right?" I say.

"Yeah."

"I still have nothing." I groan, wanting to bang my head on the laptop again, but Roy's head is still on my shoulder.

"Why don't you ask JARVIS for help?" Roy suggests.

I lower my voice when I say this, "I could but it'll risk Tony finding out."

I told Roy everything that happened about a year ago with Arnim Zola and HYDRA within SHIELD. Dad and I now know, thanks to Zola, that the accident involving Tony's parents wasn't an accident at all and somehow included the Winter Soldier. I told Roy about this and asked him to keep it from Tony because Dad didn't want him to know.

"I really think you should tell him," Roy whispers in my ear. I feel his breath on the back of my neck which makes my heart skip a beat.

"I know Roy, but Dad doesn't want him to know," I whisper back.

"If you don't tell him and he finds out, there's gonna be a civil war." Roy jokes.

I laugh. "Like we'll ever turn on each other."

Roy looks at my laptop. "So what is it you're doing now?"

I lift my head up and sit up straight. Roy readjusts his head to my shoulder once again.

"It's scanning. According to Thor, the scepter contains traces of the tesseract, which I should have asked about before, but was too stupid to realize. I do like our little raids of HYDRA bases though." I say.

"Yeah, I like hearing what you guys talk about during missions, but I get very lonely when you guys leave." Roy pouts like an adorable dog.

I turn around in my spinning chair and face him. He lets go of me as I spun, but is still giving me the pouty dog face.

I pat his head. "Yeah, but it's only for a few hours usually."

The computer beeps and I spin my chair back around to face it. Roy looks over my shoulder at the screen.

"OH MY THOR!" I yell and jump up from my chair.

I jump up and down excitedly. Roy watches me with a huge smile on his face. I run and jump at him. He's taken off guard but catches me and I wrap my legs around his torso and my arms around his neck. I kiss his cheek and hug him tightly with a big grin on my face.

"(Y/n) what's wrong!" Dad bursts into my room.

I look at my doorway to see Dad with his shield ready, Clint with an arrow notched in his bow, Nat with a gun, Thor with his hammer, Tony with his repulsors, and Bruce just looking to see what the commotion is all about.

They all lower their weapons when they see I'm safe.

"Roy probably asked her out," Clint smirks, seeing the position we're in.

Dad looks a bit angry at Clint's statement and mutters something under his breath. Roy puts me down and I look at him, seeing him blush a little. I turn to the rest of the group with a big grin.

"No it's something way better!" I say.

"What is it?" Natasha asks.

"She found it," Roy says.

"I think I found it," I say at the same time Roy speaks.

"Can you be a bit more specific? What did you find?" Tony asks.

"I think I found the scepter."

A/n: I know this chapter was super short but it's because it leads into aou which starts the next chapter!!! 

—ASE715