Chapter 21 ~ Not worthy

I sit down in the jet, exhausted and hungry. Tony flies us out of there and back to the tower.

"You guys coming back?" Roy asks in my earpiece which I didn't turn off yet.

"Yeah Roy. See you in a couple of hours," I say before turning the earpiece off.

Dad comes over and sits next to me. He puts his arm around me and I lean into him, closing my eyes.

"You okay?" He asks me.

I smile, still keeping my eyes closed. "Yeah I'm just tired and hungry," I say.

"As usual." Everyone says.

I open my eyes and glare at everybody. "Alright I didn't ask." I look at Clint who's laying on a table. "How you holding up Clint?"

He groans. "Never better."

Natasha gets up and walks over to Bruce who has headphones on, listening to music to calm himself down. He takes them off and they converse a bit before Natasha turns to Thor.

"Thor, report on the Hulk?"

"Oh shit." I chuckle, already knowing Thor is gonna fuck this up. Dad slaps the back of my head.

"The gates of Hell are filled with the screams of his victims," Thor answers proudly. I hide my laughter and Natasha gives him a 'what the hell' look. Bruce groans and puts his head in his hands. Thor tries to recover, "Uh, but, not the screams of the dead, of course. No no, uh...wounded screams, mainly whimpering, a great deal of complaining and tales of sprained deltoids and, and uh... and gout."

"Nice save." I sarcastically say to him and chuckle a little.

"Hey Banner, Dr. Cho's on her way in from Seoul, is it okay if she sets up in your lab?" Tony calls from upfront.

"Uh, yeah, she knows her way around." Bruce answers

"Thanks." Tony then makes his way over to Thor, Dad, and me as we look at the scepter. "It feels good, yeah? I mean, you've been after this thing since SHIELD collapsed. Not that I haven't enjoyed our little raiding parties, but..." He says to Thor.

"No, but this...this brings it to a close," Thor says.

"As soon as we find out what else this has been used for. I don't just mean weapons. Since when is Strucker capable of human enhancement?" Dad says. I clear my throat. Jesus I'm just invisible today! Dad looks at me. "N-no... that's not what I meant. From what you told me, he could only give powers to children, so how is he capable of giving powers to those other kids... teenagers I mean? Plus you got your powers from a serum, not the scepter."

"Banner and I'll give it the once over before it goes back to Asgard. Is that cool with you?" Tony asks Thor who nods. "I mean, just a few days until the farewell party. You're staying right?" Tony asks the god.

"Yes, yes, of course. A victory should be honored with revels." Thor answers.

"Yeah. Who doesn't love revels? Captain? Speedy Gonzales?" Tony asks us.

"Hopefully this puts an end to the Chitauri and HYDRA, so. Yes, revels." Dad answers.

Tony looks at me. "I do what he says," I answer, pointing at Dad.

A few hours later the jet lands at the tower. Once it does Barton is immediately taken away and everyone else walks out of the jet except Dad, Tony, and I. I'm waiting for Dad to finish packing up.

"Lab's all set up, boss," Maria says to Tony as she comes in the jet.

Tony points at Dad. "Uh, actually, he's the boss. I just pay for everything, and design everything and make everyone look cooler."