Chapter 28 ~ Dead girl walking

"Alright, we're all clear here," Clint says into the coms.

"We are not clear!" Dad yells as he throws his shield at a robot. "We are very not clear!" He shoves his shield into a robot's chest and kicks it with his feet, completely destroying it.

"Alright, coming to you," Clint says.

Pietro speeds away and comes back with Wanda in his arms.

"Need a ride Clint?" I ask him.

"That would be nice." He says.

I take off to find Clint. Once I do I pick him up with a grunt and take him to where the rest of us are and drop him.

He groans. "You couldn't have just placed me down?"

"You're heavy." I pant as I help him up.

Ultron then flies up to us. "I really thought you were dead." He says to me.

I look at the rest of them as they all look up at Ultron. "I thought Vision said he hated Tony more."

"Yeah, well it looks like you pissed him off," Dad says.

Ultron sends a blast at me and I quickly move to the side. I look at Ultron before I turn to start running.

"Guess we'll have a little game of cat and mouse, then," I say as Ultron chases behind me.

"Does that make you the mouse?" Clint asks.

"Princess, you need help?" Pietro asks me.

"Princess?!" Dad and Roy say simultaneously.

"No I got this. I can shake him." I say, ignoring the two as I look behind me to see I definitely outran Ultron.

I sigh in relief and look back in front of me, trying to make my way back to the others. Suddenly Ultron appears in front of me. I skid to a stop and fall on my butt. He must've taken a shortcut.

"Crap," I mutter as I try to quickly stand up to run the opposite way.

"You know the cat always beats the mouse right?" Ultron asks me.

"Well I guess you haven't seen Tom and Jerry then." I joke as I stand up to face him.

I look around and realize we're in the church.

"It's only a matter of time before your planet crumbles beneath your feet," Ultron says as he catches me looking at the vibranium core.

(Play song now)

"Your solution is a lie,

No one here deserves to die

Except for Tony and the monster he created." I say to Ultron. I change the words to fit the situation.

"Hey!" Tony shouts, completely offended.

"It goes with the song. Just roll with it." I say.

"Are you seriously gonna start singing 'Dead Girl Walking' to Ultron?" Roy asks.

"First off, it's the reprise version and second, why not?" I shrug.

I hear Roy sigh. "You really love pissing him off."

I smile as I continue. "Heads up Pinocchio, I'm a dead girl walking." I sing as I start circling him.

"Yeah you sure are." Ultron retorts.

"Can't hide from me, I'm a dead girl walking,

And there's your final bell," I sing, pointing to the core. Ultron starts circling around the core and I follow.

"It's one more chance and then farewell,

Cheek to cheek in hell with a dead girl walking."

"Language!" Dad yells.

"There it is!" Clint jokes, Dad sighs.

"You walked into that," I say to Dad.

Ultron sighs in annoyance and sends a blast my way, but I duck. He flies to me and shoves me against a wall, holding me by the throat. I vibrate out of his grasp and send a blast his way before running up to him and punch him. It only shoves him back a little and makes him mad. He flies at me again and I move, grabbing his ankles as he flies past and spin him around using all my built up speed. I let go and he flies back into a building. Ultron comes flying back, fast, and sends a blast at me. I didn't have time to dodge it so it hit me and I flew back, hitting the wall hard.

"That's it!" I growl.

"(Y/n), what's going on?" Dad asks concernedly.

I stumble back to my feet. "Got no time to talk, I'm a dead girl walking."

Ultron steps towards the vibranium core.

"Step away from the bomb," I say.

"Wait he has a bomb now?!" Tony exclaims.

"It's part of the song. Let her finish." Roy explains.

Ultron chuckles. "This little thing? I'd hardly call this a bomb. This is just to trigger the city to fall. The destruction of society. I'm gonna see the ashes of your fellow Avengers and I'm gonna think 'there's a team that self-destructed not because society doesn't care but because that team was society'. The only place that Steve and Tony can get along is in Heaven!" Ultron changes the words to prove a point.

"Does he realize we can hear him?" Tony asks.

"Ouch, that gotta hurt," Clint says.

"That was a little... harsh," Dad says.

"Cap and I can get along," Tony argues even though Ultron can't hear.

"Wellllll." The whole team says.

"Are you sure about that?" Natasha counters.

"We have our moments," Dad says.

"I wish Tony had been a little smarter," I sing as Ultron and I stare each other down.

"Excuse me? I'm right here." Tony says, taking offense.

"I wish he wouldn't wait any longer," I sing with some desperation, hinting that someone needs to hurry up and take him out.

"I wish your intentions were good!

I wish grown-ups understood!

I wish we'd never met before

We convinced you life is war!

I wish you'd leave me be—"

"I wish I had some TNT!" Ultron sings back.

Thor comes in and swings his hammer, hitting Ultron. He flies back into a few buildings.

I sigh in relief. "Took you long enough. I wasn't sure how long I could distract him."

Thor pats my back, but it felt more like him breaking it. "You did well."

"Thanks," I say as I roll my shoulders to get some feeling back into my back.

"(Y/n) I need you back here right now!" Dad says to me.

I look at Thor and he nods. "Go. I'll keep him occupied."

I nod. "Thanks, Thor," I say to him. "On my way Dad," I say as I take off to find him.

This was just a little musical chapter but I might post another chapter later on today if I remember. But hope you enjoyed the chapter.

—ASE715