Chapter 34 ~ Candy Store

Age: 17

"Who's your buddy?" I ask Roy.

"Buddies." He corrects.

"What?"

"Buddies. I have two freshmen buddies."

So there's this thing at our school where the rising seniors are paired up with the incoming freshmen at our school during the summer so they have a familiar face to go to or something like that. I think it's cool honestly, although I didn't really talk to my senior buddy when I was a freshman. We also got a new principal too who we will be meeting today, but first, we all have to find our buddies and settle down. We are gathered in the cafeteria because they are serving pizza here too and we're having a little game night.

"Well who do you have?" I ask him.

"Peter Parker and Ned Leeds." He answers me as he looks at the list in front of us on the wall. "And it looks like you have a Michelle."

"Well let's go find these freshmen then."

It shouldn't be hard considering everyone has name tags on their shirts. We take our time and walk around because I don't want to startle anyone by running past them.

"Why do I have two freshmen buddies of all people," Roy whines as we try to find these guys.

"I'm just glad I don't." I snicker at him. "And technically they're our buddies."

"True." Roy agrees and gives me a fist pump.

We continue looking around and eventually I spot the two boys talking to each other.

"Peter! Ned!" I call out to them.

They look at us as we walk up to them.

"Hey," Roy says to them and they say their greetings. "I'm Roy Jones, your senior buddy and this is my best friend—"

"(Y/n) Rogers!" The chubby kid geeks out. I smile at him. His name tag reads Ned Leeds so the really scrawny kid next to him must be Peter.

"Alright two down, one to go. Now we just need to find Michelle." I say as I look around.

"Oh you're looking for MJ?" Peter speaks up.

"MJ?" I question.

"That's what she likes to be called. I can help you find her." Peter offers.

I nod. "Lead the way, Parker."

Peter and Ned lead Roy and I to MJ.

"What's up losers?" She asks as she sees the four of us approach her.

I smile. "I like her already."

"Hey Penis Parker!" A boy walks up behind Peter and plucks the back of his head. He looks up at me. "And hello beautiful."

I roll my eyes. "And I already hate him," I mutter.

"What do you want Flash?" MJ asks in an annoyed tone.

"Can I get a picture with you?" The kid, Flash, asks me.

Before I could answer he whips his phone out and snaps a photo of us. He then pulls Roy into the picture and takes a picture of the three of us. Roy and I just give each other looks.

"Come on Flash leave them be." Ned defends us.

"It's fine," I say slowly. "Let's go guys," I say to them.

"But I got questions!" Flash calls back as we all hurriedly walk away from him.

Roy, MJ, Ned, Peter and I find seats and sit in that order.