Chapter 11 ~ The Winter Soldier

My eyes flutter open and I look around to notice I'm in an unfamiliar place. I close my eyes again as I hear footsteps come closer to me.

"I know you're up. Don't worry it's safe." I hear Steve say.

I open my eyes once again. "Am I dead? Is this heaven?" I ask as I stare at the ceiling.

"You're far from dead." Steve crouches down beside the couch I'm laying on. He's wearing a sleeveless white shirt that shows all his muscles.

I notice it's light outside. "How long was I out?"

"A few hours."

My stomach then decides to growl very loudly.

Steve laughs. "We think you might have passed out because you weren't eating enough."

"We're on the run. Does it look like there's time to grab a snack every five minutes for me?" I say.

Steve brushes the hair out of my face. "You still should have said something. You know I worry about you." He looks at me with an upset expression on his face.

I give him a small smile. "I promise I'll tell you next time."

"Let's hope there isn't a next time." He says and we both laugh.

It's silent for a moment so I decided to ask, "Are you mad at me?"

His brows scrunched in confusion. "Why would I be mad at you?"

"Because I never told you HYDRA was still here. I didn't know they were within SHIELD, but I knew they still existed." I mumble to him as I avoid looking into his eyes.

Steve sighs. "No, I'm not mad at you. I understand why you hesitated to tell me." I slowly look up at him to see him staring back at me. "Plus who can stay mad at that face." He smiles at me and pinches my cheek.

"Stop it!" I laugh and slap his hand away. Steve laughs too. "So what do we do now? How are we gonna stop them?" I ask him.

"I don't know, but whatever we do, we'll do it together. We'll work this out." He reassures me and kisses my forehead. "Now go get cleaned up."

We go up the stairs to a bedroom. Natasha is sitting on the bed, drying her hair.

When she sees me she smiles. "You feeling better?" She asks me.

"Yeah, just really hungry."

She laughs. "Your stomach wouldn't stop growling on the way here. I figured you overdid yourself. I forgot speedsters need a lot of food, you should have told us."

"I know, I know," I say.

I give Natasha a hug before heading in the bathroom. I take my time in the shower, scrubbing all the dirt off my face and body. I get dress and walk out of the bathroom just in time for breakfast too.

"I made breakfast. If you guys... eat that sort of thing." Sam enters the room.

'Well now I know who's house we crashed in.'

I clap my hands. "Yes we do," I say and zoom down to the dining room where our plates are already made.

There are multiple plates set out across the table. They must've told Sam how much I eat. I already finish a plate before the others come down the stairs.

Sam chuckles. "Someone's hungry."

"She's always hungry." Natasha and Steve say in unison.

I roll my eyes at the two. "Thanks, Sam, this is really good," I say as I start on my second plate.