Chapter 43 ~ Not the only Winter Soldier

Location: Berlin

Apparently the back of a police truck is very comfortable. They made us change out of our suits and into our regular clothes. They took Dad's shield away, Sam's wings, and my ring to my suit. They also took T'Challa's suit away too.

T'Challa is sitting in the way front, Dad and I are in the seats behind him, and Sam is behind the both of us. Bucky is restrained in a prison pod with three armed guards on the other side of the glass in a separate truck from ours. All is silent until Sam speaks up.

"So, you like cats?" Sam asks.

I smile a little. "Dude." I chuckle.

"Sam," Dad says.

"What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat and you don't wanna know more?"

"Your suit, it's Vibranium?" Dad asks T'Challa.

T'Challa narrows his eyes as he glances sideways at Dad. "The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king. So, I ask you... as both warrior and king... how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?" T'Challa says as he glances at Dad once again.

Dad looks back at him and then straight ahead. It's silent once again. Honestly this would be a good time for earbuds and music. A sharp pain shoots up my left leg and my right forearm. Right, I forgot I was shot there. Since all of the adrenaline from before is gone I start to begin to feel the pain. The policemen didn't even have enough sense to patch me up or anything, I'm just sitting here bleeding out. I close my eyes and inhale sharply, trying to block out the pain.

"That's a pretty nasty cut," Dad says. I open my eyes to see him glancing at me worriedly.

"Yeah because somebody thought it was a good idea to claw my leg out," I say, looking at T'Challa who doesn't say anything.

The rest of the ride is silent and once we arrive at our destination the guards uncuff us and we get out of the truck. Dad helps me out due to my injury. We watch Bucky's prison pod being carried away by a forklift. We approach Sharon who's standing with a grey-head man. Sam and T'Challa follow behind us.

I look at the grey-head man with wide eyes. "You look like John Watson," I exclaim.

The man furrows his brows at me. "Who?" He asks.

"John Watson. From BBC Sherlock." I explain. The man just looks at me weirdly. "Also was this necessary?" I ask, pointing to the collar that's still around my neck.
"I wanted to make sure that you wouldn't run away." The man answers.

"Kinda hard to do that when I can barely walk." I sass as I gesture to my leg.

Dad takes this as a chance to cut in. "What's gonna happen to him?"

"Same thing that ought to happen to you." The man answers. "Psychological evaluation and extradition."

"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander," Sharon tells us.

"I don't think any of us asked who this guy is," I reply to her. I like Sharon and didn't really mean to be rude, but I could kinda care less who this guy is.

Dad nudges me and gives me a look before looking back at them. "What about our lawyer?"

"Lawyer. That's funny." Everett says. "Honestly, Rogers, getting your kid involved in this too."

"I chose to get involved," I say to him.

"Yeah and that choice could ruin the rest of your life. You haven't even graduated high school yet." Everett says to me and I just clench my jaw. "See their weapons are placed in lockup." He says to Sharon. "Oh, we'll write you a receipt."