Chapter 44 ~ We know a guy

"What do you mean you're not the only Winter Soldier?" I ask him.

"Who were they?" Dad asks.

"Their most elite death squad. More kills than anyone in HYDRA history. And that was before the serum." Bucky answers.

"They all turn out like you?" Sam asks.

"Worse."

"The doctor, could he control them?" Dad asks.

"Enough."

"Said he wanted to see an empire fall," I say.

"With these guys he could do it. They speak 30 languages, can hide in plain sight, infiltrate, assassinate, destabilize. They can take a whole country down in one night. You'd never see them coming." Bucky says.

Sam steps up to Dad so I stop playing with Bucky's hair and walk over to them.

"This would have been a lot easier a week ago," Sam whispers.

"If we call Tony..." Dad starts.

"No, he won't believe us," Sam says.

"Even if he did..." I say.

"Who knows if the Accords would let him help." Sam finishes.

Dad sighs. "We're on our own."

"Maybe not," Sam says and gives me a look.

I smile at him, knowing exactly what he's thinking. "We know a guy," I say.

So we get to work. Sam calls in Scotty boi while Dad calls in Sharon to get our stuff, leaving me to call in Clint and Wanda to see if they can help us out. I unclasp Bucky's arm from the vice and we all hop into the hunk of junk Dad stole from the parking lot. Wanda and Clint agreed to help us and so did Scott but Sam said he sounded drunk and out of it. Clint also agreed to pick everyone up and meet us at the airport once we all get our stuff from Sharon. We stop under an overpass and Dad gets out to talk to Sharon. I'm sitting behind Dad's seat and Bucky is sitting behind Sam's. I watch as Sam pulls his seat back.

"Sam!" I scold him.

"What?" He questions. "I need to get comfy."

I look over at Bucky to see he's uncomfortable with the little room he has left now. "Can you move your seat up?" He asks Sam.

"No."

Bucky looks at me for help.

"Sam. Can you move your seat up please?" I ask nicely.

"Nope." He says, popping the 'p'.

I shrug to Bucky. I tried. Bucky moves over in the middle, closer to me.

"Sam seriously. I want my personal space." I say to him. Sam looks back to see Bucky moved to the middle and closer to me.

"Not happening." He says.

I let out a frustrated sigh and look out the windshield to see Dad finally kissing Sharon. I jump up excitingly and go to roll down my window, but it gets stuck so I crawl over Bucky to go on the other side and roll down that window.

"Look who finally grew a pair!" I yell out the window. Dad and Sharon look at me and smile. "I've waited two years for this!" I sit back down, rolling up the window and crawl over Bucky once more to get back in my spot, also kicking Sam's seat on purpose as I do.

Dad looks back at us, Sam and Bucky nodding approvingly. He grabs our gear and puts it in the trunk before climbing back in the driver's seat. He hands me my ring once he sits down.