Chapter 32 ~ Star Spangled Man With A Plan

Roy and I are currently sitting in homeroom at school waiting for the announcements to come on.

A girl comes up to Roy. "Hey, Roy is it true that you're that new Avenger, Samurai?" She asks with so much excitement. The new name is getting around. I'm glad people are liking it.

Roy smiles but doesn't give her an answer even though the smile gives it away. She kisses him on the lips and he is taken aback. I look away not wanting to see the scene. I literally want to barf in my mouth. I look back just as they pull away.

"My grandma lives in Sokovia and said you saved her. Thank you." She smiles at him. She gives him a small piece of paper. "Call me." She walks away and Roy stares at her in a daze. I don't know why, but I hate her. She probably only likes him because he's a superhero plus she isn't good enough for him anyway.

"I don't like her," I mutter to him.

He looks at me, still smiling. "Why not?"

I glare at the girl from across the room even though she isn't looking. "I just don't."

Roy looks at me confusedly, but it goes away as the announcements come on. Instead of Principal Perkins' voice being on the intercom a song is being played and by the sound of the static, it seems old.

'Who's strong and brave, here to save the American Way?'

Roy and I share a confused look.

Roy raises his hand to the teacher. "Hey what's going on?"

'Who vows to fight like a man for what's right night and day?'

"One of your classmates found an old video on Youtube of Captain America doing a musical number." The teacher answers.

'Who will campaign door-to-door for America?

Carry the flag shore to shore for America

From Hoboken to Spokane

The Star-Spangled Man with a Plan!'

I gasp. "No way!"

Everyone looks at me, but I ignore their stares as I take my phone out, not caring if the teacher sees me. I go straight to Youtube to try to find the video.

"(Y/n) put your phone away before I take it." The teacher warns me.

I roll my eyes but do what I'm told. All I know is once I get back to the compound I'm finding it.

I look at Roy. "Just wait until we get back to the Avengers Compound. All of us are gonna have a great laugh." I say to him and he smiles.

The whole school day I sat there wishing school would be over. Well actually that's how I am every day at school, but that's beside the point. As soon as school is over and the last bell rings I run Roy and I to our lockers. I rush Roy to hurry up and put his stuff away.

"Not all of us have super speed." He retorts and I just roll my eyes.

Once he's done I pick him up and run us back to the compound. Everyone, but Dad is in the living room.

"Perfect," I say with a huge smile and put Roy down as I throw my backpack to the floor.

The rest of the Avengers look at me weirdly.

"What's perfect?" Vision asks.

I take the TV remote and go to the YouTube app on it.

"Hey!" They all say in protest.

"We have to show you something and it's way better than what you guys were watching," I say to them.

I search up the video and surprisingly found it. It's super old and staticky, but you can still hear it clearly. I sit on the floor and Roy sits next to me as we all watch the video. Dad comes on the screen and I snort.

"Shit I snorted." I laugh and the rest do too.

"He looks so dorky." Roy laughs.

"Look at the outfit!" Sam points out.

We didn't even get a minute into the video and I had to pause it so we can all get our giggles out before we continue.

"What's so funny?" Dad asks as he walks into the living room to see all of us dying of laughter. We all look at him and laugh harder and he looks back confused. He then looks at the TV and sees why. "No. They still have that!"

"One of our classmates found an old YouTube video and it was played on the announcements," I say through my giggles. "You look so fucking dorky." I snort.

I start to play the video again.

"Look at the mask." Rhodey points out and laughs.

"Oh god kill me now," Dad mutters.

"So is this what you did during World War II?" Sam teases.

"Rogers this is priceless." Natasha laughs.

Dad looks at Roy and I. "You two are grounded."

"I'm not even your child!" Roy whines.

"Don't care." He says in his fatherly tone.

I shrug and continue laughing. "He's salty as hell. If this means getting grounded then it's so worth it."

Roy nods in agreement and we all watch the video a few more times before going off to do our own separate things.

This might be the shortest chapter in this book. Hope you enjoyed it though!

—ASE715