Chapter 12 ~ Bucky?

We look at him in shock. Natasha pulls her gun out, aiming it at him as a car rams into the back of us, making Natasha drop her gun. The car pushes us towards him. The Winter Soldier jumps back on top of our car, punching through the windshield with his metal arm and rips the steering wheel out.

"Shit!" Sam yells.

Natasha finds her gun and starts shooting at the soldier through the opening in the windshield. The soldier jumps onto the car behind us. Steve holds onto me tightly as the car behind us bumps into us, making our car go all over the place.

"Hang on!" Steve yells as he grips his shield and grabs onto Sam who's holding Natasha.

Steve waits until the car flips on its side to break the door. We slide on the car door through the streets as the car flips ahead of us. Natasha and Sam roll off the door and into a different direction than me and Steve.

Steve and I get up. He automatically looks at me checking for signs of injuries. He caresses my cheek with his hand. "Are you okay?"

I smile at him and am about to answer but I see the Winter Soldier aiming a loaded RPG at us. "Watch out!" I yell.

He looks up just in time and pushes me out the way, trying to block the shot with his shield. The impact of the explosion makes him fly back off the bridge. I watch as he hits a car before going over the bridge and he drops his shield.

"DAD!" I scream after him.

The Winter Soldier is now joined by HYDRA agents who start opening fire at us. I hide behind a car to avoid getting hit right away. I hold out my hand with the ring to my suit on it. The suit comes out and I run into it. Now the party has started.

I walk out from behind the car. The man that killed my parents and my best friend is standing feet away from me. I aim my repulsors at him and start shooting. He deflects it easily with his metal arm as he walks towards me. I walk towards him too.

We engage into hand to hand combat. He still has the RPG in his hand so it's kind of hard for him to hold me off with one arm, well not when it's his metal arm though. I have to avoid his metal arm because that will do some serious damage. He throws a punch at me with his metal arm. I duck and crawl in between his legs, getting up and kicking him in his back. He turns around quickly and plants a firm kick on my cheek. Then punches me in the stomach with his metal arm, making me fly back and knocking the wind out of me.

I get up, catching my breath as I look at him dead in the eyes. I run over to him, throwing a speed punch to his face and a knee to his stomach. He grabs me by the neck and lifts me up from the ground. I kick him hard under the chin and he lets me go. I then throw a speed kick to his stomach and he flies backward. As I walk towards him, he aims the RPG at me and shoots. It misses me, but the impact of the explosion makes me fly off and over the bridge.

I land hard on my back and groan. I lay there for a while as I catch my breath. I then hear shooting close by. I turn my head to my right to see some agents shooting at a bus that's a distance from where I'm laying. I then see Dad burst through the window of the bus, grab his shield and curl up into a turtle of freedom as the agents shoot at his shield. I get up and zoom over there to help. I take their weapons away and then knock them all out before they even know what's going on.

"Dad, you okay?" I ask him as he peeks out from his shield to see it's all clear.

"What did you call me?" He says as he makes his way over to me.

"Dad?" I say more like a question.

He engulfs me into a tight embrace. "It feels so good to hear you say that." He says, making me laugh.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your moment, but the soldier is going after Natasha," Sam calls from above, on the bridge.

We pull away as we look at him. More agents start shooting at us and we hide behind a car.

Sam shoots at them from above. "Go, I got this!" He yells at us.

"Try to keep up," I smirk at Dad before zooming after the soldier.

I see him on top of a car about to shoot Natasha but I come in and speed kick him off the car. I zoom over, pushing him against a car and putting a vibrating hand to his heart.

"(Y/n)!" Dad calls my name from behind me. I turn to look at him. "Don't."

"He killed my mom and best friend," I say to him.

"Killing him won't make it right."

The Winter Soldier takes this as a perfect opportunity to escape by kicking my left knee with such force that you hear it crack. I scream in pain as I fall to the ground. I look up to see the Winter Soldier holding a gun to my head, hand on the trigger. Dad comes running up to save me. The Winter Soldier turns to punch him with his metal arm but Dad blocks it with his shield. The sound of metal on metal could be heard.

They start fighting as I scoot away from the commotion. I look at my knee once I'm safe behind a car and wince at how bad it looks. All I have to say is that it's not bending the right way. My leg is throbbing with pain and I force myself to not look at it. I peek out from behind the car to see the Winter Soldier pull out a pocket knife on Dad. I need to help him somehow or he'll get himself killed.

That's when I spot the RPG behind another car, feet in front of me. I scoot my way over there. Let's just hope the thing is loaded. I make my way there and grab the gun. Thank Thor it's loaded. I wobble to my feet and lean against the car. I aim the RPG just as Dad flips the Winter Soldier over him, taking his mask off in the process. What I didn't expect though when he turned around, was to see a familiar face.

"Bucky?" Dad and I say at the same time. As in his best friend since childhood Bucky. I recognize his face from the Smithsonian Museum.

"Who the hell is Bucky?" He says and aims a gun at Dad's head.

Sam then flies in, in his bird suit and kicks Bucky to the ground. That snaps me out of my daze. Bucky gets back up and aims for Dad's head once again and I fire the RPG. It misses of course, but Dad looks back at me and we share eye contact. When we look back Bucky is gone.

We hear sirens in the distance as we get surrounded by HYDRA agents led by Rumlow, all aiming their guns at us.

"Drop the shield, Cap! On your knees! Get on your knees! Now! Get down! Get down!" Rumlow says to Dad. Dad holds his hands up and I watch as Rumlow kicks him to his knees and handcuffs him.

Agents try to come over to me, but I wasn't gonna give up that easily. I blast them with my repulsors.

Rumlow turns to me, seeing me resisting. "Get on your knees or we'll shoot."

"That's not an option," I say, indicating to my wrong bent knee. "Plus you wouldn't kill a fifteen-year-old would you?"

"Yes, I would." Rumlow comes up in front of me, aiming the gun right at my head.

"Not on live TV you wouldn't," I say, looking up at the helicopter in the sky. "Plus I can catch bullets, remember?" I smirk.

Rumlow growls as he puts the gun down. He comes up behind me, putting handcuffs on me and taking my repulsors away. An agent comes up and puts a power dampening collar around my neck and it shocks me. I yelp in pain and slump to the ground.

Rumlow picks me up roughly. "That's what you get for being such a brat." He whispers in my ear.

Agents take me, guiding me to one of the trucks or should I say practically carrying me since I can't walk. I realize that they're taking me and Dad in different vans.

"Dad!" I yell at him.

He realizes now that we're getting into two separate trucks.

"Hey!" He fights against the agents, trying to get to me.

Rumlow takes out his electric rod and zaps Dad with it, then me. I make eye contact with Dad before they load us into separate trucks and drive off.

—ASE715