Chapter 37 ~ Go back to sleep and starve

Year: 2016

"Slow down!" Dad yells at me.

"What do you mean slow down? I'm doing the speed limit." I respond.

"I don't care. You're going too fast and I'm too young to die."

"You're 97. You are definitely old enough to die."

I see Dad roll his eyes out of the corner of my eye. "Why do you want to learn how to drive anyway? You have super speed."

"Because maybe I want to take a car and drive it off a fucking cliff someday," I respond bluntly.

Dad turns to look at me and I can only imagine his glare.

"Every kid should at least learn how to drive. Plus I love scaring you." I smile mischievously.

"You're too close to that car!"

"First off I'm not that close and second, you yelling does not help the new driver. It just makes them very nervous."

"It helps me!"

"It's called distracted driving!"

I continue driving with Dad yelling at me over little things like getting too close to a car when I definitely wasn't or for me to use my brakes when I'm already using them or telling me I'm going too fast when I'm already doing 10 miles under the speed limit.

I see a road work sign in front of us.

"Road work ahead?" I say more like a question and smile at Dad.

"It means that people are working on that road." Dad answers.

I pull the car over and put the bitch in park. I turn to Dad. "You never saw that vine?!" I ask him, completely offended.

"What's vine?" Dad asks confusedly.

I gasp. "You uncultured swine." Dad only furrows his brows. "We're watching vine when we get back," I say and start the car once again and pull off.

A car cuts in front of me without signaling and I almost hit them. I slam on my brakes and honk while Dad holds on for dear life.

"Get the fuck out!" He yells at me.

"It wasn't even my fault!" I yell back.

He sighs. "I know sweetie and I'm sorry for yelling, but some people don't know how to drive."

"Tell me about it."

I park the car and we switch places. We make it back to the compound in one piece and walk into the living room where everyone, but Natasha, is chilling on the couch.

"How did it go?" Roy asks as he sees us walk in.

Dad plops on the couch in between Sam and Vision and sighs. "Never again." He says.

"Now you're just being dramatic," I say as everyone else laughs. "I knew I should've gone with Sam, but you insisted you wanted to do it."

"And now I regret it." He says, causing me to roll my eyes.

I sit down next to Roy as Natasha comes into the living room.

"What's up fuckers!" She yells as she enters the living room.

Everyone but Dad, Vision, and Wanda laugh. The three of them look at all of us confused.

"You guys never saw that vine?" Sam asks.

"What's vine?" Wanda asks.

"As in the plant?" Vision asks.

Dad points at the two of them and looks at me. "See! I'm not the only one that doesn't know what that is!"