Chapter 47 ~ Did you know?

Your POV

I'm nudged awake and look up to see Bucky staring down at me. I give him a sleepy smile.

"Hey Buck," I say groggily.

He smiles and nudges me to get up. I sit up and wipe the sleep out of my eyes as Bucky goes to grab a gun. I stand in front of the exit ramp, waiting for it to open as Dad and Bucky join me on my right.

"You remember that time we had to ride back from Rockaway Beach in the back of that freezer truck?" Dad asks Bucky.

"Was that the time we used our train money to buy our hot dogs?" Bucky asks with a smile.

"You blew three bucks trying to win that stuffed bear for a redhead."

Bucky laughs at the memory. "What was her name again?"

"Dolores. You called her Dot."

"She's gotta be a hundred years old right now."

"So are we, pal." Dad pats Bucky's shoulder as they look at each other.

I roll my eyes playfully and smile at the two. "Yeah I know, Grandpa," I say to Dad.

"Grandpa?" Bucky questions.

"We really gonna start back up with the nicknames now?" Dad asks as he looks at me.

I ignore his question and ask one of my own. "I just realized something. If you and Bucky were friends since childhood, that means he's like a brother to you so does that make him my uncle then?" I ask Dad.

"No, no, no, no, no," Bucky says quickly.

Dad smirks. "Why not? I like the sound of Uncle Bucky." Dad says.

"Do not start calling me—"

"Uncle Bucky!" I yell as I wrap my arms around him.

Bucky groans and looks at Dad. "Steve get your child off of me."

"No can do, Uncle Bucky," Dad smirks as he puts his helmet on.

I pull away from him and smile at Bucky playfully. He just rolls his eyes but has a small smile on his face. The three of us walk out onto the icy mountain. We walk to the entrance to see it's open.

"He can't have been here more than a few hours," Dad says as we stop at the entrance.

"Long enough to wake them up." Bucky retorts.

Dad leads the way into the bunker with me following right behind and Bucky bringing up the rear. We find a caged elevator and travel down into the depths of the bunker. Dad on my right, Bucky on my left as I stand in the middle of the elevator. The elevator stops and the doors slide open. Bucky and I look at Dad who nods at us before heaving up the caged door. Bucky readies his gun as we walk along the corridor, keeping close to the wall. Bucky leads the way through the corridor with me behind him and Dad in the rear this time. We go up some stairs, but then there's a loud thud that causes all of us to spin around. Dad readies his shield and Bucky his gun while I just stand in the middle of the two men trying to protect me.

"Ready?" Dad asks us.

"Yeah." Bucky and I answer simultaneously.

The double doors are forced open and Tony is standing there in his Iron Man suit. Dad and I look surprised as Tony's mask comes down to reveal his face while he walks towards us. Dad walks towards him and I start too as well, but Bucky holds me back and pulls me behind him. I look up giving him a questioning look, but he doesn't look at me because his eyes are trained on Tony.