Chapter 16 ~ Father, daughter time

Location: Avengers Tower

Dad and I arrived back at the Avengers tower yesterday. Bruce, Tony, Dad, and I are the only ones here since Natasha is off trying to find herself, Thor is at Asgard, and Clint is on a mission for a few more weeks.

I wake up early the next morning and make my way into the kitchen for some breakfast.

"Hey kid, how was D.C.?" Tony asks as he walks into the kitchen right after me.

"Don't even get me started." I laugh. "It's too early for a rant right now."

I pour myself a bowl of cereal and start eating. Just then Dad walks into the room.

"Oh, good you're up." He says.

"Why is that good?" I furrow my brows in confusion.

"You have school."

"I got suspended, remember."

"Your suspension is over."

I drop my spoon into the bowl. "You're telling me I spent my whole suspension fighting HYDRA when I could have been watching Netflix the whole time?"

"Yup."

"WHAT THE F—"

"Don't you dare finish that word young lady. Now hurry up so you can go to school."

I roll my eyes and quickly finish my cereal. I give Dad a kiss on the cheek and punch Tony in the arm before running off to school. I kinda miss the long runs from D.C. to New York. I meet Roy by our lockers as usual.

"How was D.C.?" Roy asks me.

I roll my eyes. "Don't you watch the news or check social media?"

"Yeah, but I want to hear it from you." He says as we begin walking to homeroom.

"That's a long story. One which I'm not in the mood of telling. Because of HYDRA I never got to enjoy my suspension and was busy taking them down." I grumble.

As we pass people in the hallway I see people eyeing and some pointing at me as they whisper to their friends. Natasha did leak all HYDRA and SHIELD files to the internet so what did I expect, so they know how I got my powers now, but that's fine.

"(Y/n), I'm so sorry." One of my classmates comes up to me.

Yeah scratch what I said earlier, it's not fine. Especially when they come up to me to talk about it.

"It happened a long time ago, I'm past that," I tell her and continue walking to homeroom.

Now you guys don't need to sit through all the boring stuff I did in school. I got caught up on everything blah blah blah, people still being fake ass bitches blah blah blah, and people gossiping about my involvement with the events that happened while I was suspended. The real fun begins when the final bell rings, Roy and I grab our stuff and head outside where Dad is waiting for me in one of Tony's fancy red sports cars.

"Does Tony know you're borrowing this?" I ask Dad as Roy and I walk up to the car. A crowd starts forming around us, being nosy and taking pictures.

"Maybe. Maybe not." Dad says with an amused smile on his face. He has one arm leaning on the car door on his side.

"What are you doing here?"

"To pick you up obviously." He says with sass. He wants to play that game huh.

"Thank you Captain Obvious." I roll my eyes.

"If it was obvious then why did you ask?" He says playfully.