Chapter 27 ~ Saving the world again

I wake up to feel someone nudging my head. I open my eyes to be met with beautiful ocean blue eyes.

"Hey," Pietro says softly to me in that lovely accent of his. He looks at me with his beautiful smile.

"Hey," I say softly back and smile at him.

Someone clears their throat. I look to see Roy looking at us with an unamused face. He indicates with his eyes to pay attention to Dad who was ready to tell us the plan. I look to the front of the jet to see the sun starting to rise.

"Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire, and that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out." Dad begins and pauses before continuing. "All they want is to live their lives in peace, and that's not going to happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done, and find out what Ultron's been building. We find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters and we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right." Dad finishes his speech.

The jet lands and we all begin to do our part. Wanda uses her powers to guide the people out safely, Tony is stalling Ultron, Bruce is finding Natasha, Dad, Roy, and Clint are on the streets, guiding people to safety, Vision and Thor are doing their own thing, and Pietro and I head to the police station.

"We're under attack! Clear the city, now!" Pietro yells to everyone, but nobody moves. He looks at me.

"I got an idea," I tell him and we both take off and come back with guns. We start shooting in the air which gets all of their attention.

"Get off your asses," Pietro says and then we both take off, giving our guns to an officer on the way out.

We make our way to the streets.

"How did you know that will work?" Pietro asks me.

I smirk. "A gunshot will get anyone's attention."

"You make it sound like it's not your first time doing that," Pietro says.

"Because maybe it isn't." I smile at him.

"You are full of surprises Rogers." He smiles at me and grabs my waist, pulling me close.

"And there's plenty more where that came from." I stand on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek. "I'm gonna go help my dad."

He nods, his hands still lingering on my waist. I smile at him before running off to find Dad. I find him guiding people off the bridge.

"Need help Spangles?" I ask Dad as I come to a stop beside him.

"It would be nice." He says.

We both help people evacuate from the bridge. We then suddenly hear crashes and screaming around us. I look around to see Ultron's robots crawling out of the ground. I ready my repulsors as people run away from them in fear.

"Go!" Dad screams to them.

A robot jumps on a car near us and sends a blast at us. Dad blocks it with his shield and hits it with the edge of his shield. I send a blast to it, completely destroying it. I do the same to the others around us. The ground starts rumbling around us and the bridge starts collapsing. I continue blasting robots, not paying attention to the ground until the bridge collapses under my feet.

"Holy—" I say and grab onto a bar on the bridge, but it's quickly going down. I try to pull myself up, but that only makes the bar come down quicker. "Dad!" I scream, scared for my life now. I look down and immediately regret it. There's a large abyss and if I fall I'm gonna die. I feel a cold metal hand on my leg and look down to see one of Ulton's robots pulling on my leg, trying to bring me down with it.