Chapter 24 ~ Safe house

"The whole team is down, you got no back up here." I hear Barton say in my earpiece as my eyes flutter open again.

"I'm calling in VERONICA." It was Tony now speaking.

I groan, my head still pounding and the ringing still in my ears and those two talking are not helping, especially when they're being so loud.

"Stop yelling." I groan.

"Oh thank god the witch didn't get to you. (Y/n) I might need some backup with the Hulk." Tony says.

I wince in pain as he keeps speaking. "Tony I swear to Thor I'll rip your face off if you keep yelling."

"I'm not yelling," Tony says.

"Guys. What's going on?" Roy asks us.

I hold my head in pain and curl up in a fetal position. I just need everyone to shut up.

"The witch got to the team. We're the only ones left." Barton answers Roy.

"(Y/n) I still need backup," Tony says.

Barton finds me curled up against the wall as he drags Natasha with him. He bends down to my height and examines me. I could barely keep my eyes open again.

"You're not gonna get that backup Tony. (Y/n)'s been hit pretty badly. She might have a concussion." Barton says. "Or should I say she does have a concussion." He says after examining me again.

I groan as he continues speaking. The pounding in my head gets worse.

"Great." I hear Tony sigh, which makes me wince in pain again.

Clint takes my earpiece out, knowing it's bothering me.

"Can you stand?" He asks softly as to not make my headache worse.

I can barely hear what he's saying, due to the ringing in my ears and because I'm close to blacking out again. He takes that as his answer and puts Natasha down. He puts me on his back. I lay my head on his shoulders and close my eyes, trying to get rid of the pain. He grabs Nat again and heads back to the jet. He places us both down.

"I'm gonna get the rest of the team," Barton says quietly to me.

"Okay," I respond quietly.

Clint leaves to get the rest of the team. I don't know how much time has passed, but eventually everyone is on. Tony brought Banner back to the jet in human form. Clint goes to the pilot seat and gets us in the air. It's about evening time and everyone is still pretty shaken up. The ringing in my ears subsided but I still have a pounding headache.

"The news is loving you guys. Nobody else is. There's been no official call for Banner's arrest, but it's in the air." I hear Maria on the phone.

I get up, stumbling as I do. I close my eyes trying to ease the pain in my head and then open them as I make my way up front to Stark who's on the phone with Maria.

"Stark Relief Foundation?" Stark asks.

"Already on the scene. How's the team?" Maria asks. I see she's at the tower and Roy is sitting next to her on the video camera.

"Feeling like shit," I answer her with a small smile as I try to lighten the mood. Maria and Roy chuckle a little in amusement.

"Everyone's...we took a hit. We'll shake it off." Tony answers.

"Well for now I'd stay in stealth mode, and stay away from here."

"So, run and hide?"

"Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer."