Chapter 13 ~ I am damaged

Steve's POV

"HYDRA's not gonna attack you with a pocket knife." The voice of Howard Stark rings through my head.

'Guess you were wrong about that Howard. This is the second time HYDRA actually did attack me with a pocket knife.' I thought to myself. If this was a different situation I probably would laugh at the thought, but at the moment I'm wondering how Bucky is still alive. I know (Y/n) can take care of herself, but I still worry for her too. I just hope she makes it back to me soon.

"We're gonna get her back Steve." The voice of Sam Wilson snaps me out of my thoughts.

I shake my head. "It's not that. I'm worried about (Y/n), but I know she can take care of herself." I tell Sam before looking back to the floor. "It was him, Sam." I look back at Sam with a heartbroken look. "It was Bucky. He looked right at me like he didn't even know me."

"How's that even possible? It was, like, seventy years ago."

"Zola," I explain to him. "Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43. Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall. They must have found him and..."

"None of that's your fault, Steve." Nat cuts me off.

I look away from her and to the floor again. "Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky."

"We need to get a doctor here." Sam suddenly speaks up. I look up to see him trying to talk to one of the guards while Nat bleeds out right next to him. "If we don't put pressure on that wound, she's gonna bleed out here in the truck."

The guard then pulls out an electric rod, silencing Sam as he flinches back. What surprised me though was that the guard attacked the other guard sitting next to them, shocking them with the rod and then sending a kick to their face.

"Ah." The guard says as they try removing their mask. That voice sounds very familiar. "That thing was squeezing my brain." It's Maria Hill. She looks at Sam then looks at me. "Who is this guy?"

Your POV

I sit in the back of the truck with some agents watching over me with their guns. I wonder why they separated us though. I start to hum 'Demons' by Imagine Dragons because who doesn't love them, plus I'm bored.

When we arrive at wherever we are the agents get up and put a bag on my head. They then pick me up and carry me to wherever it is. When they remove the bag I look around. There we're agents and scientists around me. Bucky was sitting in a chair in front of me while the scientists work on his arm.

"Bucky," I say to him softly.

That wakes him up from his daydream and he hits the HYDRA scientist that's working on his metal arm. The HYDRA agents around me aim their guns at him. Just then Pierce and Rumlow enter the room with some more HYDRA agents and scientists. Rumlow didn't seem too happy about something and I could guess what.

"They escaped, didn't they?" I ask Rumlow with a smirk.

"Shut up." He growls and stands directly behind me.

I guess that answers my question then. I'm glad Dad, Nat, and Sam escaped but now I have to find a way to escape.

"Mission report," Pierce says to Bucky. Bucky however, doesn't respond. "Mission report, now."

Bucky still doesn't respond as he stares off into space. Pierce moves closer to Bucky and slaps him hard across the face.

"Hey!" I say. Rumlow firmly grabs my shoulders and pulls me back.