Chapter 15 ~ When do we start?

2 days later

I've been in this hospital room for two days straight now. There are two guards standing outside Dad's hospital room for security, but I would love to see a bitch try to get to him because I'll kill them.

I never left Dad's side since he arrived here. I haven't showered in two days either. Sam comes in every now and then to check up on me and to give me some food so I won't starve to death in here.

Currently Sam and I are sitting by Dad's bedside, listening to the 'Troubleman' soundtrack by Marvin Gaye. I'm laying my head on Dad's shoulder.

I feel him nudging me with his shoulder as I was falling asleep. I look up at him.

"On your left." He says, giving us a small smile. We smile back.

"It looks like you two have a lot to catch up on. It's good to have you back, man." Sam says as he gets up. He pats Dad's leg and then messes up my hair.

"Sam," Dad calls after him. Sam stops in his tracks and turns to face Dad.

"Yeah?" He questions.

"Thank you."

Sam smirks. "No problem, man." He turns back around and leaves the room.

"(Y/n), I'm sorry for scaring you like that," Dad says and kisses my forehead.

"You could have died if it wasn't for Bucky," I say.

"Bucky saved me?"

"Yeah, he pulled you out of the water. Whatever you said to him got him to remember who you are."

Dad smiles at that but then frowns. "Something smells." He says.

"Probably me. I never left your side for the past two days."

"Go shower. You reek." He pinches his nose and scrunches his face in disgust.

"I can't smell that bad." I laugh. "I'll go get the doctor."

I get up and walk out. I summon a doctor to his room before running back to the apartment to shower and change into some clean clothes. I run back into the hospital and wait outside Dad's room.

He comes out of the room in some regular clothes and fully healed thanks to his speed healing, but it's not as fast as mine.

"Alright I've been discharged." He says.

"And I showered and changed."

He puts an arm around my shoulder as we walk out of the hospital. When we do, we're greeted by reporters and flashing lights from cameras. We push past all of them and head for Dad's motorcycle. We hop on and drive off. He takes us back to the apartment.

"Go start packing." He orders me.

"We're leaving, just like that?" I ask.

"It's not safe here anymore."

I nod and use my speed to pack my things and Dad's too, just to help.

He smiles at me. "Thanks. Now we have one stop to make before we head off."

"Alright. Where's that?"

                                                                               ...

Dad, Sam, and I are standing in front of Fury's grave.

"Why are we here?" I ask as I stare at the grave.

"For this." Dad answers.

I look up and see Fury himself walking towards us, wearing sunglasses and a hoodie.

I look at him in shock. "Am I really Danny Phantom and can see ghosts?" I ask in disbelief.

"No, you are not," Fury says as he stops walking right in front of me.

Tears start forming in my eyes, but I don't let them fall. I lunge forward and hug Fury who surprisingly hugs back.

I pull away. "It's so good to see you."

"Glad to know I was missed." Fury says and smiles at me. He looks at Dad. "So, you've experienced this sort of thing before?"

"You get used to it." Dad answers.

"We've been data-mining HYDRA's files. Looks like a lot of rats didn't go down with the ship. I'm headed to Europe tonight, wanted to ask if you'd come." Fury says looking between me and Dad.

"There's something I gotta do first," Dad says.

Fury looks at me.

"I can't go if he's not going."

"How about you, Wilson? Could use a man with your abilities." Fury says to Sam.

"I'm more of a soldier than a spy." Sam answers.

"Alright then." Fury says and shakes Dad and Sam's hands. I give him a quick side hug. "Anybody asks for me, tell them they can find me right here." He says and I laugh.

Fury walks away as Natasha comes to join us.

"You should be honored, that's about as close as he gets to saying thank you." She says to us.

"Not going with him?" Dad asks.

"No."

"Not staying here?"

"I blew all my covers, I gotta go figure out a new one."

"That might take a while."

"I'm counting on it." She pauses for a few seconds. "That thing you asked for, I called in a few favors from Kiev." She hands Dad a file. "Will you do me a favor? Call that nurse."

"She's not a nurse."

"And you're not a SHIELD agent."

"What was her name again?"

"Sharon. She's nice." Natasha then gives Dad a kiss on the cheek. "Be careful, Steve. You might not want to pull on that thread. (Y/n) look after him, make sure he doesn't do anything stupid."

I nod. "Will do." She smiles and then walks away.

Dad opens the file containing the information on Bucky. Sam comes up beside Dad and peers at the file.

"You're going after him?" Sam asks.

"You two don't have to come with me," Dad says to us. I know he killed my parents but technically he didn't since he was brainwashed.

"We know," I say, looking at Sam.

Sam nods. "When do we start?"

So Winter Soldier is finally over!!! I have a few in between chapters before Age of Ultron, there's only five in between chapters tho so don't worry. But I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!

—ASE715