Chapter 29 ~ Showtime a-holes

Dad, Natasha, and I take out the last robots in our area and guide the civilians to safety.

"The next wave's gonna hit any minute," Dad tells me. "What do you got, Stark?" He asks Tony.

"Well, nothing great. Maybe a way to blow up the city. That'll keep it from impacting the surface if you guys can get clear." Tony answers.

"I asked for a solution, not an escape plan," Dad says as we walk back to Natasha.

"I mean unless you do have an escape plan," I say.

"Unfortunately no. Impact radius is getting bigger every second. We're going to have to make a choice."

"Cap, these people are going nowhere. If Stark finds a way to blow this rock..." Nat says as we stand beside her.

"Not 'till everyone's safe," Dad says.

"Yeah there are innocent civilians here. We can't exactly just blow it up and we're not leaving if there's a single person on this rock." I say.

Natasha smirks. "You're starting to sound like him." She points at Dad.

"Well I am his daughter."

"Adopted," Roy says, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Everyone up here versus everyone down there? There's no math there." Nat says.

"I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it," Dad says.

"Same goes for me," I say.

"I didn't say we should leave," Nat says. Dad and I look at her. "There's worse ways to go. Where else am I gonna get a view like this?" She looks at the sky.

I sigh. "If only we had something large enough to carry all these civilians."

"Well I'm glad you say that (Y/n) because I have just the thing." Fury's voice rings through our earpieces. We look to see the Helicarrier appear out of the clouds. "Nice, right? I pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do."

"Fury, you son of a bitch," Dad says.

"Woah, language!" I exclaim jokingly.

"Oooh! You kiss your mother with that mouth?" Fury teases.

"I'll deal with you later." Dad points a finger at me.

"Is that a threat Spangles?" I smirk at him.

"Someone's gonna get it." Roy teases.

A blue and silver streak zooms in front of us. Pietro comes over to me and puts an arm around my shoulder. I lean my head into him, closing my eyes and taking in his scent. I hug him tightly.

"This is SHIELD?" Pietro asks no one in particular.

"This is what SHIELD's supposed to be." Dad answers.

"This is not so bad."

"Let's load 'em up." Dad orders as he sprints away to load the civilians on the aircrafts, but not before giving Pietro a murderous glare.

I sigh and open my eyes to look up at Pietro. "You heard him Speed Racer."

Pietro kisses my forehead and we both take off, finding civilians and guiding them to the aircrafts.

"Come on people! Let's move!" I say as I usher them to the crafts.

"Thor I have a plan!" Tony says.

"We're out of time. They're coming for the core." Thor says.

"Then we have to protect it. If even one of those robots gets to the core it's game over." I say.